turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can I ask help please?

Started by Bowguy, February 16, 2022, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Thank you guys. This is perhaps worse. They wanna take 70,000 acres and make a 240,000 acre national park. From what I was told by insiders they want to take some of the state forest or wmas in area or something to include it. This area isn't sprawling. We can't lose this

Happy

Signed, i hope it stays accessible for many years for you guys

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TonyTurk

Kygobblergetter

Signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dah

Cowboy

Signed and forwarded to 2 others

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ol timer

Quote from: Bowguy on February 16, 2022, 08:45:42 PM
Thank you guys. This is perhaps worse. They wanna take 70,000 acres and make a 240,000 acre national park. From what I was told by insiders they want to take some of the state forest or wmas in area or something to include it. This area isn't sprawling. We can't lose this
Bowguy is right about the land grab of other surrounding forest and wma what he left out is this also includes land in Pennsylvania also. The government and Sierr@  club are keeping a tight lid on there real plans until they possibly acquire the lands and then set up the restrictions.

Tsgman

Signed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

quavers59

Signed on your Thread on the NJ Hunting Site. Hope you get thousands of signatures!

GobbleNut

It is good that hunters/sportsmen are making their feelings known on this issue.  We should all support efforts to keep public lands from being closed to hunting in these situations.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, bowguy.

I would also advise the sportsmen in that area who are the most impacted by this decision to be careful about how they approach pursuing their positions on this.  I have stated this fact "ad nauseum" on this forum:  Hunters are an extremely small minority of the general populace.  Because of that, these kinds of issues have to be pursued with a great deal of diplomacy.  The interactions you and your leadership have with the public on whether hunting will be allowed, or not, if this park is established is going to be critical to your success or failure. 

My advise:  Make sure those involved take a cooperative approach to a resolution that hopefully will suit the "reasonable majority".  At the other extreme, taking an antagonistic approach will almost assuredly result in a negative outcome.  We are David taking on Goliath in these sorts of endeavors.  Regardless of the fable, it is best to understand that throwing rocks probably isn't going to help...   :icon_thumright:

Beards and Hooks

Bowguy

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 17, 2022, 10:52:57 AM
It is good that hunters/sportsmen are making their feelings known on this issue.  We should all support efforts to keep public lands from being closed to hunting in these situations.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, bowguy.

I would also advise the sportsmen in that area who are the most impacted by this decision to be careful about how they approach pursuing their positions on this.  I have stated this fact "ad nauseum" on this forum:  Hunters are an extremely small minority of the general populace.  Because of that, these kinds of issues have to be pursued with a great deal of diplomacy.  The interactions you and your leadership have with the public on whether hunting will be allowed, or not, if this park is established is going to be critical to your success or failure. 

My advise:  Make sure those involved take a cooperative approach to a resolution that hopefully will suit the "reasonable majority".  At the other extreme, taking an antagonistic approach will almost assuredly result in a negative outcome.  We are David taking on Goliath in these sorts of endeavors.  Regardless of the fable, it is best to understand that throwing rocks probably isn't going to help...   :icon_thumright:

Thank you for the advise. I see it so far going like you say. I hope it continues like that

Bowguy

Thank you fellas I really appreciate it. Ok timer was correct, I didn't include the part about Pa. I sorta assumed guys understood it's the border between the states but that was silly on my part. How could anyone not local know that. I wasn't trying to leave Pa out. My apologies

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Bowguy

Fellas check this out! Warren co was a big supporter

State biologist just sent me this.

Last night the Warren Co Board of Commissioners, voted to withdraw support for turning the Water Gap into a National Park.  This was in direct relation to the one commissioner coming out to the Warren Co federation meeting where he got pretty beat up.  Complete resolution was drawn up in less than a week and voted unanimously last night.  He gives credit to the Warren Co Sportsmen for voicing their opinions.  Incredible that an elected official changed his opinion on an issue based on the voice of constituents.  Even more incredible when much of the topic is on hunting.