OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Avian X decoys

Started by Chick, February 09, 2022, 04:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chick

I have an Avian X Breeder Hen and a 1/4 strut Jake decoy. Both the LCD design and bothhave leaked air since they were new. Of course they are out of warranty, but they did it since they were new. And, does anyone really keep the receipt for items like this? Avian X will do whatever it takes not to replace the decoy, and, it doesn't matter anyway because they have not had any decoys in stock since last year. Anyone else have similar problems?

Dtrkyman

Fill em with air an submerge them, find leaks and repair.  No idea what their service or quality is like, they male a decent looking decoy but not on par with DSD.

Have heard plenty of complaints about them leaking.

Greg Massey

Had one leaking and i contacted customer service back few weeks ago and ask then for some new replacement air valve's and had them in couple of weeks ...

Wigsplitter

I had a plug blow out the top (back ) of mine - when I contacted them they were great sent me a new one and asked me to send old one back in the box new one came in . All went great! Good luck!!

Kygobblergetter

My buddy had a youth hunter shoot his two seasons ago. It went all season last year with some bubble gum on its back and held up fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwm1485

Has anyone ever tried putting fix a flat in them? If you didnt mind them being inflated all the time.

MO_HUNTER

One of the best customer experience situations I have ever had involved Avian. I had a hen decoy leaking and tried all their listed methods to fix it. Called cust service and told them the issue I had. They asked if I had tried the fixes and I said yes, multiple times. The kicker here, was I was leaving in 8 days for a youth hunt and wanted the decoy problem solved. The lady told me to take pictures of the underneath side of the tail, send them to her via email and she would call me back. We'll, she did and sent me an email. They replaced the decoy, sent it to me priority and the note inside said something along the lines of "Couldn't let you miss out on a great hunt!"

They got a customer for life here.

Spladle160

I've got half a dozen of their decoys. The only problem I ever had was a gobbler that got left in the sun. He heated up, expanded and the glue for his tail plate partially let go. It was really user error/abuse but still work glued back on and has held up to being jumped by more than one gobbler since.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

joey46

My hunting buddy has two "leakers".  He just blows them up when needed.  I personally think they're heavy but they do work.   I carry my one Funky Chicken.  Light and deadly.

MK M GOBL

Been dealing with this on the business side of sales and the Avian X is the most "returned" decoy we carry, this is a known issue with these decoys, and they have yet to fix the problem. They come brand NEW out of the box and do not hold air... Now not all of them, but then we see the returns on them for same thing, had them for a few months and then they start leaking. 2 absolute fixes I have seen for this, #1 fill it with expanding house foam, my buddy did this with one of his, pretty much done in "layers" so it could dry right.

#2 Buy DSD and problem solved.  :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

roosterstraw

I have plenty of avian x decoys but only the Jake decoy doesn't hold air. I haven't tried any of the fixes for it, I just blow it back up after every hunt.

Which Gun

My feeding hen I bought a month ago is still holding air.

etapia

I've had no issues with mine but they've only seen one season of use. We'll see this year...

2eagles

Yup, they leak sometimes. Mine do. I don't care. They're a few years old and didn't leak as much when they were new. I blow them up in the morning and hunt. Even if they leak while hunting, they still bring Tommy into range. BOOM!

Vintage

Are all Avian x decoys Blow up?