OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Frank Kochenderfer calls

Started by Hunter_Turkey127, February 07, 2022, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter_Turkey127

A friend gave me his name, has anyone tried one of his calls? I just received mine and it might be the best sounding box call I've ever used.

guesswho

I personally have never heard of him, but I'm not well schooled on turkey calls.  What are some of the others you have tried in comparison?   

I did find a video of him running one of his calls.   Pretty good sounding call. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

rifleman

I bought one last fall.  I plan my first use this spring.  I think it my call sounds fantastic and is very easy to make turkey sounds both low and loud.  The metal lid was a first for me, no chalk needed.  He is very responsive to questions and anxious to entertain any questions.

rifleman

I forgot to add that you can check him out on FB and hear him play some of his calls.

Yoder409

Don't have one yet.  But I've heard him run a bunch of them.  You are right.  VERY good sounding paddle caller !!!!!!  With an aluminum paddle ?????   REALLY ????   Who'da thunk ???
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Roger Parks makes ones just like it , in fact Roger was making them before Franks and Rogers sounds a lot better .. Also Roger just came out with one in a shorter version, check out Roger Parks on Facebook and listen to his new style metal lid box... The one he's playing on his Facebook page is Aluminum lid over butternut .. It's awesome call..

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 07, 2022, 04:37:08 PM
Roger Parks makes ones just like it , in fact Roger was making them before Franks and Rogers sounds a lot better .. Also Roger just came out with one in a shorter version, check out Roger Parks on Facebook and listen to his new style metal lid box... The one he's playing on his Facebook page is Aluminum lid over butternut .. It's awesome call..

All true.   Yep.

Good add, sir !!!   :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Hunter_Turkey127

I've tried a lot of other calls and this is probably my favorite. I've tried Roger's, but I think Frank's sounds way better. I like that he tests every single call before he will sell them too.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Hunter_Turkey127 on February 08, 2022, 10:38:44 AM
I've tried a lot of other calls and this is probably my favorite. I've tried Roger's, but I think Frank's sounds way better. I like that he tests every single call before he will sell them too.
I don't know of a call builder that doesn't test his calls before they send them out ... Glad your happy with your call .. I will stay with Roger myself ... but it's all what people hear in turkey sounds what you like and enjoy.

NCL

Greg,

Thanks for the heads up on Roger's short box. I just ordered one from him, have a couple of his pots and love them, Again thanks

Mitch

Greg Massey

Quote from: NCL on February 08, 2022, 11:28:16 AM

Greg,

Thanks for the heads up on Roger's short box. I just ordered one from him, have a couple of his pots and love them, Again thanks

Mitch
Your Welcome , that short box is awesome sounding ... I've got one on order myself ...