turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

“Best” homemade coon bait

Started by JohnSouth22, February 07, 2022, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Jack Mackerel has always been my coon bait of choice. Cheap and full of liquid, you can mix with whatever you prefer, cat food, dog food or grain.

Jordan121787

Yotecatcher

Sprinkle a few mini marshmallows around them dp traps and a piece of honey bun in the bottom with a little bit of strawberry kool aid out of the pack on top of the honey bun.

Chris O

Kaatz brothers black label with some Smokin Aces squirted around the trap. I have caught plenty on dried catfood with milk replacer coated on it also.

wchadw

Cat food users- any recommendations on a brand they like? Preferably something cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nativeks

Cat food and grape jelly.

If you want a good time, set up near den trees and call them. They will come storming out.

JohnSouth22

:funnyturkey:
Quote from: wchadw on February 07, 2022, 09:48:30 PM
Cat food users- any recommendations on a brand they like? Preferably something cheap?

Anything with fish flavor nothing fancy

Hwd silvestris

2  big s'more marshmallows and peanut butter in between.

pdaugherty

Catfish food with marshmallows and cherry juice. Lots of people use dog or cat food but it gets soggy and dissolves with the rain. Catfish food is made to get wet and will last a lot longer in your DP than the others. Once bag last all season long.

Jordan121787

Quote from: pdaugherty on February 08, 2022, 09:11:51 AM
Catfish food with marshmallows and cherry juice. Lots of people use dog or cat food but it gets soggy and dissolves with the rain. Catfish food is made to get wet and will last a lot longer in your DP than the others. Once bag last all season long.

That's a good idea

Lucky Goose

I am a fan of shelled corn and fish oil.  No mess and catches them just fine.

Don't forget about opossums.... they raid nest too and aren't hardly caught in DPs.   If you're going to take the time to trap may as well set out some #1 foot holds.

nativeks

Only thing I have caught in my DP traps this year is possums. I think I have the coons thinned out.

Mossyguy

I've had good luck with cat food mixed with Coon Gitter pellets...and I even caught this guy this morning

xarcher

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Jstocks

Deer corn seems to work on my game cams....  It sure about the dp traps