turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Safe question

Started by Beretta686, June 04, 2011, 10:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

Okay, I'm in the market for a new gun safe. I have outgrown my old one by oh probably 20 long guns.

I have looked at several and even drove to Mark's Outdoors in Birmingham to look. (Just needed something to do in the heat. 100 today in Bama)

I was wondering what others have and if you have had any problems.I'm Looking at the Liberty 50

Thanks for your help
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

BOFF

Marks usually has the Liberty safes on sale throughout the year, some are scratch and dent.

I'd keep an eye on them. I like the Liberty safes. What model were you looking at the Franklin?

God Bless,
David B.

Old Gobbler

Call up your local Locksmith's sometimes they have older used  Jewelers safes that are much more robust for less - I have 1000 pound Jewelers safe in my home- the door alone is 300 pounds with deadbolts all around it  -  bomb proof   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Beretta686

Quote from: BOFF on June 05, 2011, 01:27:14 AM
Marks usually has the Liberty safes on sale throughout the year, some are scratch and dent.

I'd keep an eye on them. I like the Liberty safes. What model were you looking at the Franklin?

God Bless,
David B.

Yes, I am looking at the Franklin. I love going to Mark's, they had a sweet deal on a DPMS LR .308. It was hard not to walk out of there without one.

Oh yeah BOFF, they had a cute Pink Laminated Remington .22 rifle for $150. Perfect for daughters and wives. I almost bought it for my daughter and wife, but I need a safe to put it LOL.

Currently I have a half dozen long guns that will not fit in my current safe, not including the guns at friends and in the gun shop.

vaturkey

I have a Liberty. But im like you I have the back two rows double stacked with guns. I need to upgrade . As you know we never have too many guns.
Good luck with whichever one you choose.

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Vaturkey

pcgobbler

Libertys are great.  I bought a Fatboy two years ago and love it.  A word of advice, buy the biggest one you can afford.  They fill up a lot quicker than you would think.  They will also fix or replace your safe free of charge if it is tampered with by a burglar or damaged in a fire.  The burglar won't get in it, but he may still beat it with a sledge hammer or something.

drenalinld

I'm in the market also. I was also considering the Franklin 50. I just can't bring myself to buy from one of the online companies. I find safe research very frustrating, it's like trying to compare mattresses. Smoke and mirrors. Even other safe manufacturer's can't think of anything bad to say about the top end Liberty's.

BOFF

Quote from: Beretta686 on June 05, 2011, 10:57:07 AM
Quote from: BOFF on June 05, 2011, 01:27:14 AM

God Bless,
David B.

Yes, I am looking at the Franklin. I love going to Mark's, they had a sweet deal on a DPMS LR .308. It was hard not to walk out of there without one.

Oh yeah BOFF, they had a cute Pink Laminated Remington .22 rifle for $150. Perfect for daughters and wives. I almost bought it for my daughter and wife, but I need a safe to put it LOL.

Currently I have a half dozen long guns that will not fit in my current safe, not including the guns at friends and in the gun shop.

Marks is a great place to go. They get a lot of my business. They have good prices on used guns as well.

Regardless,

If a burglar is there long enough, and he has the tools, he will get in the safe.

Not trying to be negative, but rather realistic. A good alarm system dog, and good neighbors, all increase a safe's quality.

It needs to be bolted down as well.

God Bless,
David B.

Beretta686

Looking at the Franklin 50. That with my other safe should get me by. Then again my wife just started making a list of things she wants to put in it. LOL Might need 2 more.

BOFF, have all of the above, just want to slow them down, but I know if they want it they will get it.

BOFF

Quote from: Beretta686 on June 06, 2011, 12:29:16 AM
Looking at the Franklin 50. That with my other safe should get me by. Then again my wife just started making a list of things she wants to put in it. LOL Might need 2 more.

BOFF, have all of the above, just want to slow them down, but I know if they want it they will get it.

Slowing them down sometimes is enough to keep what's in the safe.

God Bless,
David B.