OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SG or Browning Turkey Chair?

Started by AppalachianHollers, February 04, 2022, 11:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AppalachianHollers

I'd want to fashion a carry strap and for the SG if I went that route. Also some sort way to keep it folded. Evidently it's designed to be carried in a bag rather than folded up. But surely some DIY can fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

I have the Browning strutter. Solid chair, very stable. I use it for Turkey and duck hunting. Quality product.

Greg Massey

Those look nice, but i bought the one Walmart sells for about 20 dollars or less and replaced the carry strap with adjustable padded gun sling.

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 04, 2022, 11:09:34 AM
Those look nice, but i bought the one Walmart sells for about 20 dollars or less and replaced the carry strap with adjustable padded gun sling.
As long as it lasts through turkey, deer, and duck seasons for years, I don't mind going cheap.

Greg Massey

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on February 04, 2022, 11:12:28 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 04, 2022, 11:09:34 AM
As long as it lasts through turkey, deer, and duck seasons for years, I don't mind going cheap.

A lot of the people on this forum have bought and used the one from Walmart and haven't had a lot of problems with it, so you may want to check it for possible alternative. But regardless the padded rifle sling was a must and helps keep it on your shoulder a lot better in my opinion. Good luck, hope you find what your looking for in a chair.

AppalachianHollers

I tend to carry my stuff in my duck hunting blind bag, and it has the "thermos carrier" on top. If push comes to shove, I should be able to just stick a folded seat up there. Could be easier than having it on a separate carry strap.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Tom007

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on February 04, 2022, 07:19:02 PM
Here's one to consider. Had mine for years.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-hunting-lounger

Wow, looks identical to the Browning at a fraction of the price. Almost looks like a Browning chair with Cabelas name on it.....a nice option....

WAGinVA

I had an earlier version of the Cabelas Chair and it did not hold up for me, I used it a couple of years.  I have the Browning chair by ALPZ and have used it for 5 years.  In addition to being sturdier it is a lot quieter than the old style Cabela's.  I have no experience with the new style Cabela's pictured in the thread.  My money would be on the Browning, buy once, cry once.

NYArcher24

I've got the Cabelas one as well. I want to say 3-4 years. Use it for turkey season and a little during deer season. So far so good. Holding up great.

Sixes

I had a Cabelas for awhile and somehow lost it.  I bought the Millennium turkey chair last year and really like it

Gobbler428

I have used the Browning for 5+ years. It is well built and stable to sit in.
Very comfortable, too comfortable sometimes, if you know what I mean lol
The only issue I've had with it is the black rubber on one of the arms split and
was an easy fix with a little electrical tape. I only use it when I know I'm going
to set up and sit for extended periods of time because of the added weight. Not
good for running and gunning in my opinion 

310 gauge

Between my Son and I, we have 3 of the ALPS/Browning chairs. Two are the larger size. You can swivel around in them better because they are slightly wider. Yes, they are on the heavy side when you have to walk a while but very comfortable when you get to stop and sit. Bought one of Glenda's soft seats at UNICOI to put in mine this Spring so I will definitely be able to sit a spell...

Neill_Prater

Absolutely don't understand why Alps doesn't produce their Rendezvous and Rendezvous Elite in camo. Four pounds 11 ounces as opposed to 7 pounds or more for virtually all other loungers. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I actually sent an email to their customer service department last year saying the same thing, which they promised to pass along. Maybe if enough other turkey hunters did the same?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk