turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabin fever

Started by Wvdanimal, February 02, 2022, 08:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wvdanimal

We've been in an icebox for the last month with single digit temps at night usually with added wind chill factors.   I took all this extra time to begin my "pile" of gear to go to Florida in 4 weeks.  The pile seems to grow by the day when you add in fishing gear and hog hunting essentials.  My wife is already giving me crap about walking around all this stuff and says I have a problem.  She didn't like it when I told her " I know, we need abigger truck".

WV Flopper

Right there with you on the weather! The crusted snow has me bummed out as well, so glad to see its going to rain the next day or two to get this junk out of here.
I was, then wasn't, planning on going to Florida this year. It may just be back in the plan. The weather is pushing me toward Florida, and least that my excuse.

I can't imagine this crap we have now to the 85 degree, 100% humidity, that may just kill me. Last year my slate call would turn black when I pulled it out of it's case. Useless.

Tail Feathers

If it helps, I wore shorts today and worked outside some.   ;D
But tomorrow is cold and rainy with a 35 degree temp drop.  I'll be practicing calling and packing the vest since FL is just a month and a half away.
I have a spare room so my wife doesn't gripe about all my junk.  :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bigriverbum

2 weeks ago the temperature rose 40 degrees in 12 hours. it was still only 10 degrees out  :z-dizzy:

sswv

remedy for cabin fever...start getting rid of predators.  it'll knock the boredom quick.  I do my part but here in southern WV they are everywhere.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Wvdanimal on February 02, 2022, 08:06:41 PM
My wife is already giving me crap about walking around all this stuff and says I have a problem. She didn't like it when I told her "I know, we need a bigger truck".

Thanks for the laugh!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Wvdanimal

I try my best to work on the predators when I can.  My schedule makes it basically impossible to run a trapline in WV.  however I'm taking as many live traps as I can to Florida.  It's amazing how many coon I see on my place.