OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes a good gobbler call?

Started by strut, February 02, 2022, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut

Does anyone make a good gobbler call?

Custom or production

bobk

For Gobbler Yelps and Clucks Rohm Brothers 4" gobbler slate in a plastic pot.

Tom007

Quote from: bobk on February 02, 2022, 05:40:31 PM
For Gobbler Yelps and Clucks Rohm Brothers 4" slate in a plastic pot.

Marlins fiddle boxes gobble better than anything I've seen....
"Solo hunter"

wchadw

Roger parks make a gobbler pot
For gobbling I got a shaker from Quaker boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bear hunter

Quote from: Tom007 on February 02, 2022, 05:44:26 PM
Quote from: bobk on February 02, 2022, 05:40:31 PM
For Gobbler Yelps and Clucks Rohm Brothers 4" slate in a plastic pot.

Marlins fiddle boxes gobble better than anything I've seen....
X2

TRG3

In addition to my nail call for hen yelps, I use a Primos shaker for gobbles. This combo usually accounts for a couple of toms of my maximum three permits for Illinois.

ChesterCopperpot

Are you asking for a call tuned like a gobbler—clucks, yelps, etc.? Or are you asking for a call that you can gobble with? Also, what kind of call? Box, pot, yelper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Get with Roger Parks , he will get you fix up in a fine gobbler call... I don't hunt without with Roger's gobbler pot call...

MK M GOBL

Can always learn how to run this on a diaphragm.

MK M GOBL

EZ

A gobbler wingbone cut to about 8 1/2" is really hard to beat for gobbler yelps and clucks and a Roger Parks Gobbler pot.

GobbleGitr

x3 on Roger Parks Gobbler Pot, has served me well in all seasons

GobbleNut

I am a bit surprised no one has mentioned the tube call here (if your question is about asking how to reproduce the gobble).  The cheap and readily available tube call (not the shaker type) will produce a pretty realistic gobble with the proper latex and stretch on it.  Easy to learn to use and the volume can be controlled from very loud to reach out to a far-away gobbler to something softer when needed.   :icon_thumright:

blake_08

I found a few other posts about how to get in contact with Roger Parks but the best I could come up with is a facebook page. Since I don't have facebook, does anyone else have good contact info for Roger Parks? I'm thinking i need a gobbler pot.

Bringintheh2o

I just received Roger's gobbler pot. Call comes in a nice leather case. I also received his instructional dvd which is very informative and an excellent aid in running his calls.

NCL

Another vote for Roger Parks gobbler pot and video