OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Time Shirt

Started by Gooserbat, January 31, 2022, 01:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Okay I have an Idea...I inherited my great uncles 1950 era 870...30' fixed full, barrel is marked 2 1/2 and 2 3/4, corn cob grip, no checkering...yeah old school.  I want to kill a " old school bird"  Box call, condom diaphragm, and I would love to find a xxl shirt or uninsulated jacket in this camo.  If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Check out ebay number 304338210363 .. i think that's what your looking for...

ChesterCopperpot

Search "vintage camo" and your size on eBay. So for me, for instance, I'd search, "vintage camo XL." If the specific pattern you want has a name then search that name and size. "Trebark xl," for instance. The picture you posted looks like what they often call "duck camo."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Just seen such a shirt this weekend on MPW.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 31, 2022, 01:47:58 PM
Search "vintage camo" and your size on eBay. So for me, for instance, I'd search, "vintage camo XL." If the specific pattern you want has a name then search that name and size. "Trebark xl," for instance. The picture you posted looks like what they often call "duck camo."

I was thinking "Duck Camo" as well, never heard it called anything else.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2022, 07:15:29 PM

It's actually called "Frog Skin Camoflauge"
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 31, 2022, 07:35:07 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2022, 07:15:29 PM

It's actually called "Frog Skin Camoflauge"
Quick search of Google shows it under both names, could be a regional thing? Maybe a second nickname? Always willing to learn
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bigriverbum

i swear drake made some stuff with that pattern. i'm pretty sure i bought a flyweight mesh long sleeve shirt with that camo last year.

wbyman

Go to Kevin's Catalog online. Outfitters out of Thomasville, GA. They have some cool throwback patterns. Funny, I still have my first camp shirt I got when I was 10 yrs old. It's that pattern! It's a size medium and I am not!!!
It is cool to still have.

I have plans to hunt a bird with my Granddaddy's homemade box call and his model 12 Winchester. I chicken out every time I get his call out to take.

I hope you pull it off! Good luck!
"Control your destiny, or someone else will"

Cowboy

Drake does make the "Old School " camo now and that actually the name of that line. They call it OLD SCHOOL.  It's in my Mack's Prairie Wings 2021 catalog. However if you want to go AUTHENTIC and sounds like you do I'd try Ebay as well. I've seen a few on there that would probably suffice. Best of luck and post story and pics when tag out this spring !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk