turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A few trumpets

Started by Sixes, January 24, 2022, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

While at work this evening, I decided to practice my calling, I keep my case of trumpets here at the plant and have a lot of downtime to practice.  I took a few out of the case and ran calls for a while and took a quick pic of some of them. Nothing better than getting paid to practice killing turkeys :toothy9:

Bedge7767

Jim

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bear hunter

Very nice. Do you have a favorite out of those?

USMC0331

Very nice Indeed

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Nice trumpets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

Quote from: bear hunter on January 24, 2022, 08:43:13 PM
Very nice. Do you have a favorite out of those?

All of them.  The KP on the left underneath was my favorite last year. It killed several. The Prudhomme will be up this year since I won it back in the summer and plan to use it instead of putting it up.

My favorite is a Buice that my daughter picked out for me several years ago for Fathers Day. Her and my wife visited Mr Buice and she handpicked the call.  I killed a few birds with it and now it stays put up, mainly because I hate to loose it or damage it.

tal

sbbow

Very nice!

troutfisher13111

That's a good group of trumpets you have there, especially the KP's.

EZ

Heck of a collection. I like the one your daughter picked the best also.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Scpossum

Looks like you have quite a flock.  Those are really nice.  BUT.....

You leave those at work?  Holy mackerel.  Hope there is good security and fire suppression. 

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sixes

Quote from: Scpossum on January 26, 2022, 12:38:52 PM
Looks like you have quite a flock.  Those are really nice.  BUT.....

You leave those at work?  Holy mackerel.  Hope there is good security and fire suppression.

We work 24/7/365.  The plant is razor wire fenced and only 10 people work here that are all like brothers, so no worry about thievery.

As far as fire, more protection there that at home and less chance of me misplacing them at work. I have a bunch more and they all stay up here at work in a case in a steel locker. But I don't lock the locker. You could leave a hundred dollar bill on the floor and some one here would pick it up and put a sticky note saying someone dropped this and lay it on our kitchen table.  I'e actually seen it happen a couple of times with 20s