OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW YORK Scouting In The Snow.

Started by quavers59, January 23, 2022, 04:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Started my Turkey Scouting up here in New York on January 8th and was out again today walking around for 2 Hours--1/23/22. Walking the Public Land. Turkey Population  is Strong in my area of New York.  I have been following  the Posts on Declining Turkeys in the Southeast States. TG- that is not the case on my area although,I understand that there are Dry areas of not many Turkeys in some areas of New York .
   Hoping to get my Limit of 2 NY Gobblers and at least 1 New Jersey Tom. North New Jersey however is experiencing  the same Turkey Decline as the Southeast States. Areas where,I used to see large flocks of Turkeys on State Ground are now empty and Quiet in Northern New Jersey. Hoping for a turnaround this Spring.

Kylongspur88

Ive talked to a few biologist who said the population in the north east is doing really well in some places. My wife has family in New York and I've been up there a lot. I'd like to give it a go sometime. Pretty country up there. Terrible gun laws

quavers59

Right-- I hunt Public Lands North of New York City. Plenty of Turkeys.  Hope it stays that way.  We have a Monster Noreaster Snow Storm coming Saturday.  Gonna be tough on the Turkeys.