turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Planting time

Started by Sherrell, June 03, 2011, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

Time to head up to my property,plant the food plots and see how many longbeards are on the trail camera since December.I keep thinking I will Spring hunt up there one of these years,but seems I get limited out in central Florida before I have a chance.oh well it leaves plenty of fall turkey's.
Have four different types of Muscadines to plant this weekend.I plan on getting them high enough on the trellis to keep my deer out of them.

OLE RASPY

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: good luck be careful.

Sherrell

Well me and the boy was able to get everything planted,but it was near 100 degrees.just as soon as I got all the seed covered a thunderstorm came and blessed me with a 1/2 of rain.
I can't wait til fall gets here.....there were so many dusting bowls,it looked like a B-52 had made a bombing run.most people in that part of Florida around my property have made the comment that they wouldn't waste a cartridge or a shell on a turkey...that works for me....just leaves plenty of birds

savduck

Good thing with deer season and early teal right around the corner. A man gets might busy come September.

Hope yall get some more rain. Its pretty dry up here in Savannah.
Georgia Boy

Sherrell

Just checked the radar and it is raining up at Madison county again.I have to plant the middle Georgia plots in September and Georgia was sure dry in May.hope you all get some rain,but from what I've been hearing poults are doing well this year.

I can't wait for the bluewings to get here and on to Louisiana's Pass A Loutre come December to  wear out some pintails and gaddy's.

savduck

Quote from: Sherrell on June 06, 2011, 05:53:13 PM
Just checked the radar and it is raining up at Madison county again.I have to plant the middle Georgia plots in September and Georgia was sure dry in May.hope you all get some rain,but from what I've been hearing poults are doing well this year.

I can't wait for the bluewings to get here and on to Louisiana's Pass A Loutre come December to  wear out some pintails and gaddy's.

Poults are doing very well. Big clutches are every where. Tons of jakes last year too. We should have great season again come next year. I remember a time when GA was the place for easterns, not Missouri.....looks like we may be on our way back to the top.
Georgia Boy

Sherrell

I believe after 10 years of below average hatches,we may be starting to see a rise from the estimated 335,000 and back to the mid 90 levels.
Are you coming down this year to Florida and do some duck huntin'?

savduck

Would like to. Supposed to be getting laid off August 31st. May get another extension though, and wife is trying to go back to work. If money holds out I would like to, been getting some invites to come that way.

Georgia Boy

Sherrell

Here's one of our morning hunts from last season.my kid is up in the truck with his wigeon and sprig.not the best picture since I was behind the camera.
You need to come on down when You have the chance.

Sherrell

Heading down in December John.staying in Venice,running the Mississippi down to the east side of the pass.