OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Semi-guided or trespass fee turkey hunt near Kerrville, TX?

Started by alloutdoors, December 20, 2021, 02:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alloutdoors

Anyone know of or have recommendations for a semi-guided or trespass fee spring hunt in the Kerrville, TX area? I can find lots of fully guided hunts in that area that include lodging, but I'm going to be staying with family and would really just like to hunt somewhere that has turkeys and someone to point me in their general direction.

GobbleNut

Good luck finding a property that fits your description...and at a reasonable cost.  If you do, please just keep it between 
you...and me!   ;D :D

alloutdoors

Where did I say anything about cost? I'm willing to pay the going rate for hunting and killing a bird in TX. What I don't need is a full service lodge with three meals a day. I have no idea whether or not anyone in that area is offering that kind of option, and I'm 1,600 miles away, which is why I'm asking. Thanks for the super helpful input though.

Dtrkyman

Relax alloutdoors!  Gobblenut is just giving it to you straight, what you seek is a tall order, good luck in your quest.

He and I live next door to TX. and have not come up with anything that fits the bill.

Yelper

I did this in the past with good success. I called several deer hunting outfitters in the area I was looking and didn't show turkey hunting as a hunt offered and I just asked if they would let me hunt turkey and gave them a price per turkey killed or a flat fee for day hunt. I found a ranch every year (8 years) I called and only had one not so good hunt.   Good luck in your search.