OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TFT organization status ???

Started by topnotch, December 20, 2021, 09:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topnotch

Does anyone have any updates on "Turkeys For Tomorrow " organization ? I don't do Facebook, this is as close to social media as I get. Seem like a just cause and effort !
Hadn't heard or seen anything since early 21.

GobbleNut

I saw something recently that indicated that TFT was involved in funding some research in the southeast, but that's about it.  Perhaps there is a lot more going on that we don't know about, but if there is, they are doing a piss-poor job of promoting it.

They really need to focus a bit more on a public-relations program, a mission statement, and getting the word out to the turkey-hunting public about what they are doing.  It appears their hearts are in the right place, but they need to add a little PR expertise to the mix if they want to truly have an impact in helping our struggling wild turkey populations. 

TScottW99

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Gooserbat

I've been in contact with them for the last year and I know they are trying hard.  I'm all about helping them
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Crghss

I've tried to follow and support but just don't see much movement by them. Don't really understand their objectives.

I'll continue to follow, we'll see.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

trkehunr93

I know there sponsor list has grown since they first popped up, Natural Gear camo and Pinhoti are recent additions.  I think the research projects here in the southeast are decent start, if you go to the "Contact Us" tab you'll see what their "mission" is even though they don't list it as a mission statement.  They want to help support wildlife agencies with any research projects they have.  I agree though, they could market themselves better, I follow them on Instagram and they look like they post 2-4 times a month. 

kytrkyhntr

Thought I saw something about them collaborating with the university of auburn for a research project in relation to gobbling activity. Not 100 percent on that but I believe that's what I read. I hope they continue to contribute. Too many of these types of things turn into hat and t shirt company's for influencers. I hope that isn't the case
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Turkeytider

Wonder if they are supporting UGA and Dr. Mike Chamberlain`s work? I`ve joined, and wish them the best.