OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund

Started by kytrkyhntr, December 16, 2021, 07:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

joey46

Following this closely.  Be years, if ever, before some of these areas recover.  Bump this up often so this tragedy doesn't get forgotten. 

kytrkyhntr

eggshell

We always try to give to disaster relief. I give to Samaritan's Purse myself. I trust them with the funds. My brother and his son had serious damage to their homes in a hurricane a couple years ago and Samaritan's Purse done the most to help them.  That's my choice, but many others help too.

I wish I could go help, but most of the organizations say they don't want people over 65 in this Covid area. I am pretty handy with a chainsaw and equipment even at 66.5. I have done some disaster work before.

Kylongspur88

Any help is appreciated. The damage is unbelievable. I know several folks who live in the area and thankfully their homes are okay but they have relatives who've lost everything. One guy in Mayfield told me it's what he imagined an atom bomb would look like. Volunteers are great but more than anything these people need money to help them get back on their feet.

eggshell

kylongspur, if you know a local fund that will directly help people in the area then post it here. Like a local church fund or something. I'd gladly give to a local collection that I knew was responsible and honest. You never know where big national groups are spending your donation money.

I worked on reecovery of the floods along the Missouri and Mississipi river in the early 90s. I saw a lot of good but some bad as well. I think relief groups are under a lot more oversight now and most do a good job. We had people try to run us off so they could do work at super jacked up prices, basically robbing people. We were working for free. My group leaders had obtained semi loads of materials from big companies. They got a rude awakening when they learned we had FEMA officers in our group working with us. One guy pulled in and threatened to pull a gun on us if we didn't get out of his territory, When a plain clothes officer flashed his badge he was suddenly all Mr. nice guy....he still got a ride to town in cuffs. I hope none of this crap still happens.

kytrkyhntr

Not sure what all is being referred to. But I believe the fund I posted, is going directly to those people who need it.

eggshell

Ok, I was just asking in case you knew of a specific local group or fund in say Mayfield. The Ky Chamber appears to be a good group and likely honest. As I said I gave to Samaritan's Purse and will most likely stay with them for more. I know first hand from my brother's experience they do a lot in the affected areas.

kytrkyhntr

Awesome, feel free to share a link for them as well. That area can use anyone and everyone's help in all forms

eggshell

thanks Kylongspur, that is very helpful

EastKyGobblerSlayer

If this violates any rules I'll be glad to remove it. The fella handling all this is local to the area in KY. I heard about it through Mr. Jim Andrew's who runs the www.callcollector.com site. There are multiple turkey calls in the raffle as well and only 10.00 a spot.

Www.facebook.com/groups/1392063687769216/ 

Once you are approved to join the group at the top under announcements the calls and info for the benefit are listed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk