OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bob Dixon Vest

Started by Bottomland, December 14, 2021, 10:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Wondering what is the going rate for one of these Vests these days.  I have one in my hunting closet and wondering what they are worth?  Ive hunted a couple seasons with it but don't hunt with it anymore as I don't use a vest but its in pretty dang good shape.  What yall think its worth?

Tail Feathers

Probably $500 or more.  They are in high demand.  I'm sure someone will be sending you a PM soon.   :D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hunter85

There is one on eBay that was listed at 1799 I think but it has been on there for a while I think it started at 1999

Tom007

Last spring, there were some that sold for over 2000 dollars on eBay. I know it's crazy, but 1500 or more is common on those vest sales. Who would have thought?

Goodtimekiller

The number of the vest is the most important thing, the lower the better of course. You hardly see low numbers posted for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

As the old saying goes's .. it's worth what a person wants to pay for it ....

kytrkyhntr

I'll give you 500 bucks for it, I'll even hunt in it every day!  :z-guntootsmiley:
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

kytrkyhntr

Lol all jokes aside, wait till Feb and put it on eBay. You'll get 2K easy
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

guesswho

Agree with kytrkyhntr above.   Hold off until about mid February.   Turkeys hunters are a crazy bunch to begin with.   But about February some of them really lose their mind. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

silvestris

Crazy.  Why doesn't a quality manufacturer (oxymoron) produce a clone foe a reasonable price?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: silvestris on December 14, 2021, 01:07:34 PM
Crazy.  Why doesn't a quality manufacturer (oxymoron) produce a clone foe a reasonable price?
Mossy oak did but they quit a few years ago

Tom007

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on December 14, 2021, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: silvestris on December 14, 2021, 01:07:34 PM
Mossy oak did but they quit a few years ago

I made a mistake awhile back and sold my Dixon vest. I did dampen my sorrows last spring when I found the Mossy Oak clone, the Limbhanger vest. Almost the same exact vest minus the Claw Shoulder straps. It really is a great vest. These Limbhangers are hard to find too.....if you do sell yours, the above advice to wait till spring will surely add to your sale bottom line. Best of luck...

hunter85

I wanted a Dixon vest bad when they were for sale. But I was just out of high school and starting a career and setting myself up in my trade and the extra money to be able to purchase something so frivolous just wasn't in the cards. I did get a limb hanger vest a few years later and still hunt it and it is by far the best vest I've hunted. I did pick up a nomad mg vest on clearance for a good price which is probably the closest to those top two vest on the market and took it straight to a seamstress to make even closer to the top two vest just not sure messing with it that it is the same quality. I would probably pay in that 4-500 range for a Dixon or 250-300 for a new true copy if the quality was there but the prices they sell for is crazy, I could see a collector buying an original benefit one but not the afters that were sold at retail.

3bailey3

I would like to know what one with the calls in it would cost today I bet not many still left intact with calls.

Bottomland

I bought mine in college on ebay for a 250 back in 2010 or so.  I hunted it for a couple years but moved to the old Cabela's tactical tatr which I liked much better. 

Not going to lie the Dixon layout and fit is top notch but dang they are heavy and hot.

Today I hunt with a innertube sewed in a pouch with a strap to throw over my shoulder and then a FNF chest pouch with all my calls/binos.  I can cover ground better then ever and there's not a better seat on the market then a innertube seat in my opinion.

We will see what i do with this dixon collecting dust one day.