OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bob Dixon Vest

Started by Bottomland, December 14, 2021, 10:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: Bottomland on December 14, 2021, 08:33:15 PM
I bought mine in college on ebay for a 250 back in 2010 or so.  I hunted it for a couple years but moved to the old Cabela's tactical tatr which I liked much better. 

Not going to lie the Dixon layout and fit is top notch but dang they are heavy and hot.

Today I hunt with a innertube sewed in a pouch with a strap to throw over my shoulder and then a FNF chest pouch with all my calls/binos.  I can cover ground better then ever and there's not a better seat on the market then a innertube seat in my opinion.

We will see what i do with this dixon collecting dust one day.
I'll give you $350 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 14, 2021, 07:00:27 PM
I would like to know what one with the calls in it would cost today I bet not many still left intact with calls.

I paid $75 for mine, (no calls). The one with the calls I believe was $125. I think one of the call was a Green Glass Cody. They only offered 100 Dixon vests with the calls I believe....

Tom007

Did a little research on the Dixon Vest. The first 100 came with these calls. Notice it included the Green Glass Cody. These are very sought after....hard to come by....

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Tom007 on December 14, 2021, 11:02:20 PM
Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 14, 2021, 07:00:27 PM
I would like to know what one with the calls in it would cost today I bet not many still left intact with calls.

I paid $75 for mine, (no calls). The one with the calls I believe was $125. I think one of the call was a Green Glass Cody. They only offered 100 Dixon vests with the calls I believe....
The vest with calls were sold on ebay. I never saw one sell less than $450.00. Only the first 100 vest came with calls.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Tom007

You have to hand it to Toxey Haas. He developed this vest for a friend that passed away, most of the proceeds went to charity, cancer research. Kudos to the companies that donated the calls for the first hundred vests. I guess he wants to leave this legacy for Mr. Dixon's memory, he sure could make a fortune bringing these vests back. They were extremely well laid out and wore like iron. I would love to see them come back, even if to raise more money for charity.