OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Turkey Hunting Expo

Started by Gooserbat, November 04, 2021, 08:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Long story but the short version is March 11&12 I'm putting together the first Oklahoma Turkey Hunting Expo.  Will be held at the Creek Co. Fairgrounds in Sapulpa OK. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

The Lung

"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Yoder409

If only it weren't 1100 miles away...................     :(
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gooserbat

If anyone wants vendor info just pm me your request and include your email.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

GobbleNut

That is quite an endeavor, Sam.  You are an industrious fellow trying to organize such an event.  Best of luck with it!  Wish I was a bit closer to attend and perhaps add a helping hand, but that is a bit too far to travel. 

A precautionary comment:  Since you are having the NWTF-sanctioned calling contest, I would assume that your overall event is covered under their umbrella insurance policy.  Regardless, for an event such as this, make sure you have taken the proper precautions regarding insurance coverage and protecting your own liability.

Gooserbat

Quote from: GobbleNut on November 12, 2021, 08:44:47 AM
That is quite an endeavor, Sam.  You are an industrious fellow trying to organize such an event.  Best of luck with it!  Wish I was a bit closer to attend and perhaps add a helping hand, but that is a bit too far to travel. 

A precautionary comment:  Since you are having the NWTF-sanctioned calling contest, I would assume that your overall event is covered under their umbrella insurance policy.  Regardless, for an event such as this, make sure you have taken the proper precautions regarding insurance coverage and protecting your own liability.

Jim thanks for the encouragement.  Yes we'll be insured. And you're more than welcome to show up...New Mexico is a neighbor state.
NWTF Booth 1623

dah

Tom007

Yoder409

Yeah, Sam...........

All the very best of luck to you !!!!   This is a cool thing you're doing.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Iaguntrader

Gooserbat,

Is there a website for more information about this? My son and I had thought about coming down and I was curious if you had any more updates on the show.

Thanks

Gooserbat

Right now it's just on the FB page.  I'm going to be posting more in the upcoming weeks. 
NWTF Booth 1623

MO_HUNTER

Awesome! Man, if I didn't already have plans I'd be heading that way.

Are you coming to Springfield MO again this year?

Gooserbat

Quote from: MO_HUNTER on January 20, 2022, 01:40:53 PM

The Arc isn't having the show anymore
NWTF Booth 1623

MO_HUNTER

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 20, 2022, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: MO_HUNTER on January 20, 2022, 01:40:53 PM

The Arc isn't having the show anymore

Well... that sucks. I'll stop by and see you in Nashville then.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623