turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prayers Please

Started by davisd9, October 14, 2021, 08:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I am requesting prayers for my family please.  I have not really shared much publicly as I try to keep things private but I feel that this is something that I really need prayers for.

On October 3rd my dad died suddenly.  He had some health issues but this was still unexpected.  My mom has been going through health issues, which we found out is terminal brain cancer, and the stress from it I feel God had mercy on him and took him home.  As we have found out more about my mom's condition I am glad God took him home and had mercy on him.  Tomorrow is my dad's funeral and I am going to speak.

This is what I need prayer for, my dad wanted me to share the Gospel and Plan of Salvation at his funeral so that is what I am doing.  I ask that prayers are made that anyone there that the Lord is working on their heart that they feel the call and come to him.  I ask that you pray that God uses our situation to bring people to salvation that they may come to know Him, His love, His comfort, His mercy, etc.  Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Mathews.1

Prayers for you and your family

ltprod

Praying for you , your family and for anybody who is seeking salvation at the services!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC0331

Prayers for you and your entire family!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

guesswho

Prayers from Georgia.  Sorry for all that's going on. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

God bless you and your family, prayers sent........
"Solo hunter"

nitro

Don,

Sorry for the loss of your Dad. Praying for your Mom. You will find the strength to get through the ceremony .

May God grant you peace during this time of loss. I have been there.

AG
Royal Slam 2008

Sixes

Prayers sent for you and your family

tal

Happy

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent and I hope you can find some comfort in these trying times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cowboy

Prayers for you and family. May God give you  the strength you need in these times.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

I'll be praying for you, your family and those who will attend the service.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lacire

Brother, I'm praying for you now and I'll pray for you tomorrow. What a privilege God has given you to share His Word and His heart.

Romans 10:8-10
8:But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach) 9:that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Isaiah 55:11 NKJV
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Romans 10:15 NKJV
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

310 gauge

You have my sincere condolences in the loss of your Daddy and my prayer for peace and comfort in your Mom's illness. Your Daddy's desire to have his service one of a regular Church style service hits home with me. My Daddy was a Church of Christ Minister and an Elementary School Principal for almost 35 years. His desire to have this same style service was planned by him and our family made it happen, with everything but communion given or offering taken. Although no one accepted the invitation to become a Christian that day, we were thrilled with his desire to offer what he preached for so long and felt not only the Spirit of our Saviour but my Daddy's as well. I pray that as you feel His Spirit come upon you that you will have the strength and the courage to bring comfort to your family and the words and wisdom to fulfill your Daddy's wishes as he desires you to do. I have no doubt that you will "answer the call" Brother and make him proud!

Sir-diealot

I think I would have liked your father, I want the same done at mine when my time comes. Prayers for your mother and prayers for you tomorrow to speak not your words, but the words God would have you say. Prayers for those attending that are not saved and for those that may be saved but are backsliding.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."