OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Plumbers of OG---Input Needed  (Read 996 times)

Offline gatrapper

Plumbers of OG---Input Needed
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:18:03 PM »
I have a well for my water source.

I’ve had a small leak at a copper pipe connection for a few weeks. Just a drop every minute or so. A few days ago, when I went to use the hot water at the sink, it sputtered for a few seconds and then started flowing fine. Now, every time I turn hot water on in the house somewhere it sputters. I had a friend come over yesterday to fix the leak and I assumed since there was a leak that air got in the line and that was causing the sputtering.

The problem is still happening though. When he fixed the leak I did go out to my well and cut off the water. Then I opened up all the faucets in the house and let it drain.

I went to the back of the house and turned the shower on hot for 20 minutes to try and clear any air out. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Again, this only happen with the hot water, not the cold.

Any idea on what is happening and how I can fix this?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Offline Yelpster

Re: Plumbers of OG---Input Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »
does the heater make popping noise when it is heating?

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 10:47:21 PM »
I'm not a plumber but that sounds like a vent is blocked somewhere.  Often it's a roof vent.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline jhoward11

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »
Did you try the pressure relief valve on water heater? Maybe the check valve on well? Just a couple thoughts.

Offline Crghss

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 08:14:28 PM »
Go to the highest faucet, 2nd floor bathroom, let hot water run to get the air out.

Plumber drained hot water pipe to repair the leak. Air is in the line, need to release it. Probably need to do it on multiple runs/faucets. But it is very little air, should sputter just a little then thats it for that faucet.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...