turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall success

Started by Old Timer, October 12, 2021, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Went to the mountains this past weekend to visit my son and family. He wanted to go turkey hunting and knew where a beech grove was. I did not have any calls and my young grandson broke his box call. The only thing he could come up with was a push pull. We prayed and asked the Lord for protection and a successful hunt.
We got close to where we wanted to be and I did an assembly yelps. I usually like to do gobbler clucks on a glass call this has brought me success in the past. As we were sitting shortly after I made the yelps he said birds are coming in. I could not hear or see them. He raised his 20 and shot. There lay a beautiful mountain tom! He said thanks Dad you called my 1st bird in when I was 14 now im 39 and it`s my 2nd.
Making memories and truly blessed!

Tail Feathers

Pretty cool!  You may want to hang on to that push/pull, sounds lucky! ;)
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Greg Massey

Great memories .. congrats

crow

Congrats on a good improvised hunt, way to go

tal

GobbleGitr

lacire

Great story, looks like your prayers were answered.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Can't beat that story, congrats. What a fine memory........
"Solo hunter"

joey46

3bailey3

Old Timer

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Old Timer on October 12, 2021, 08:58:21 PM
Went to the mountains this past weekend to visit my son and family. He wanted to go turkey hunting and knew where a beech grove was. I did not have any calls and my young grandson broke his box call. The only thing he could come up with was a push pull. We prayed and asked the Lord for protection and a successful hunt.
We got close to where we wanted to be and I did an assembly yelps. I usually like to do gobbler clucks on a glass call this has brought me success in the past. As we were sitting shortly after I made the yelps he said birds are coming in. I could not hear or see them. He raised his 20 and shot. There lay a beautiful mountain tom! He said thanks Dad you called my 1st bird in when I was 14 now im 39 and it`s my 2nd.
Making memories and truly blessed!
Congrats old timer, sounds like an awesome time.

Cowboy

Congrats on your hunt. Nothing better than a successful father/son turkey hunt
Good memories

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SwampRooster17

Congrats to you and your son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadly

That is really neat.  Thanks for sharing.  14 or 39 too cool.