OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

JAKES?

Started by stinkpickle, June 02, 2011, 12:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: boyhowdy on June 02, 2011, 09:10:59 AM
Lets see a showing of hands from whoever killed a doe deer last year --

None last year cause between school and work I did not have time to do much deer hunting, but past years, GUILTY!  ;D  You have to manage your deer herd not just bucks.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

HogBiologist

I got ya all beat.  I am the OG of old school.  When I was younger I killed a yote with stick and a big rock.  Was walking with my uncle and his dog.  The dog took off and bayed a yote.  I came up to it and broke my walking stick over it's head.  Knocked it out and then bashed it in the head with a big rock.  Afterwards saw that it had been shot in the foot.  I was still excited i killed it old school.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

BOB_HARWELL

I don't shoot does, but I shoot a lot of Robins & eat them.

BOB

BoWhoop

Quote from: timbrhuntr on June 02, 2011, 09:26:40 AM
I killed a doe last year but it came in all aggressive and running off the other does and chasing them around so I figure you wanna act like a big boy you can die like one.  :emoticon-animal-005:

Too funny... :whip2:

Gobble!

I only shoot does and jakes over corn

Ol'Mossy

I shot this buck the last year I hunted with a bow standing in front of an oak tree on the ground, 20 yard shot, when he first walked over he was 15 yards away then he walked away from me, caught the scent I sprayed on the leaves and stopped broadside:

chatterbox

Quote from: Gobble! on June 02, 2011, 04:06:04 PM
I only shoot does and jakes over corn
Make sure your gun is settled in comfortably in the window of your truck............. ;D

stinkpickle

Now, using THIS stuff is cheating...

chatterbox

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 02, 2011, 05:04:06 PM
Now, using THIS stuff is cheating...

Combine that with your ability to put them dekes in a tree, stinky, and it's no wonder you tag out every season........... ;D

stinkpickle

Tags?  Oh, crap!!!  I knew I was forgetting something...Eeeee... {slumps away}

chatterbox

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 02, 2011, 05:11:27 PM
Tags?  Oh, crap!!!  I knew I was forgetting something...Eeeee... {slumps away}
I wouldn't worry about it. Probably easier to explain no tags than carrying a loaded shotgun with a nightvision scope. ;D

boyhowdy

OK -- I'll own up too, I've killed one or two slicks myself, and I mighta shot a jake by accident - but it was in self defense

Other than that I am a self rightous, self glorifying, trophy hunter purist.

Old Gobbler

I dont always shoot deer but when I do its a doe

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Jay

;D You guys are funny.

Flydown