OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Maine Woman Shot By Fall Turkey Hunter  (Read 1326 times)

Offline mookyj

• www.joyneroutdoormedia.com
Maine Woman Shot By Fall Turkey Hunter
« on: October 01, 2021, 12:40:30 PM »

A woman was shot on 9/27 by a male fall turkey hunter near Walton’s Way in Leeds, Maine. It is not disclosed if she was also hunting, or particpating in other recreational activities. It is reported that the hunter called 911 and stayed with her until emergency personnel arrived. She was later reported in stable condition at Central Maine Medical Center...

More-  url=https://www.turkey-talk.com/tblog/?p=2180]https://www.turkey-talk.com/tblog/?p=2180[/url]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 05:09:03 PM by mookyj »
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: MISSOURI TURKEY HUNTER SHOT, MAINE WOMAN SHOT BY FALL TURKEY HUNTER
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 12:55:03 PM »
Ugh that isn't good. Hope the woman makes a full recovery, and the hunter pays the price if negligent.

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »
The Missouri incident was in 2020.......

Offline mookyj

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 04:59:48 PM »
thanks, it came up in a year only restriction in the search, I'll edit momentaily
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Maine Woman Shot By Fall Turkey Hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »
Do appreciate the updates. Its very concerning about the increasing amount of turkey hunting related shootings.

Offline scattergun

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
There are not an increasing number of turkey hunting related shootings. They are about 1/3rd what they were in 1991 according to NWTF.

Offline mookyj

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 07:28:26 PM »
There are not an increasing number of turkey hunting related shootings. They are about 1/3rd what they were in 1991 according to NWTF.

As I recall, what you wrote to be accurate. We seem to hover around a dozen or so a year now. Statistically, with millions of turkey hunters, it is a very low number compared to other activities. With the mantra that with the basic rules applied the number should hover at zero and the exception of the very rare event of an unforeseen circumstance. The ones I have tracked and reported on, are preventable in each case and in that view a fail on the shooter's part.
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »
Like that you introduce these threads, as safety needs to be top of mind for all of us.  For many of us it is a reminder to be on guard 'for the other guy.'  I know the few times I have been stalked it made my neck hairs stand up so hard it almost hurt!

Offline cutt down

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 11:32:24 PM »
I have been the victim of a careless hunter. My friend & I were lucky! He was hit more than I. I could tell the story but it's a long one & might be good for a thread before next season. With more people in the woods these days it's imperative that we all practice safety. There are some in the woods that don't need to be. I hope this person recovers.