OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey totes

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, September 21, 2021, 06:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Who makes turkey totes on here?  I'm leaning toward the paracord but may entertain a leather one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Parrot Head

shatcher

Moonshine Leatherworks in NC

Greg Massey

Anobody on the forum, check his work out ... he makes all kinds of things from paracord .. he has get prices also... i wouldn't buy leather one takes up to much room in my opinion .. paracord is a lot more flexible ...

skimerhorn

Check out totes by Taylor on Facebook. Very nice young lady makes a good tote at a good price. I bought one last year and toted a couple with it and it did fine

Wigsplitter

Ez outdoors- great paracord tote

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BBR12

Moonshine leather works. Bryan Absher. Paracord is fine for a short tote with a light bird but when your way back or got a heavy bird they killed my shoulder.  A friend bought me one from Bryan as a gift probably wouldn't have bought one for myself and it is awesome. It is a little bigger but just keep it in the back of my vest. 
I highly recommend them.
https://m.facebook.com/search/top/?q=moonshine%20leatherworks&tsid=0.39383470393241515&source=result

WV Flopper

Never went on any 15-20 mile hunts before. But, for the small 5- 8 mile hunts I make a vest is the best thing ever. The ones I buy every 3-4 years have  multiple pockets and a big pouch in the back. I have carried a couple hundred turkeys in these pouches, they work awesome. Plus, you have pockets for calls, water, snacks, TP,  phone, GPS,
Maybe the tote thing would be good for shorter hunts, close to the car? I don't see the advantage to it otherwise. Maybe, I carry too much stuff!

sasquatch1

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sbbow

These are some that I make.

THattaway

Sort of a tradition for those who appreciate such simple things.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 21, 2021, 10:57:23 AM
Anobody on the forum, check his work out ... he makes all kinds of things from paracord .. he has get prices also... i wouldn't buy leather one takes up to much room in my opinion .. paracord is a lot more flexible ...
I'll second Anybody, made me a very nice one and let me choose the colors.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lacire

:welcomeOG:_
Quote from: THattaway on September 29, 2021, 03:00:49 PM
Sort of a tradition for those who appreciate such simple things.

I've never seen one of these. Great idea.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr