turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got back, first Elk Hunt

Started by Tom007, September 17, 2021, 08:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Congrats Tom! My wife and i took a day trip up to Benezette Pa. on saturday to see the elk. We have gone there several times in previous years, but only saw a couple bulls this trip, and only heard one bugle. Turned out to be a really warm sunny day, and i think most of the elk were back in the timber in the shade. Still was a great time spent with some good friends to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Elk are amazing animals!

Jroddc

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to you and much respect to your brother, it is never a good decision to take that shot and those that do are the ones that give we archers a bad name.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Thank you all. It was the experience of a lifetime. I always watch the Elk shows on TV, never thinking I would get an opportunity to put my hands on one. Being a whitetail hunter all my life, I never realized how massive these animals are. The hunt does relate to turkey hunting, the calling and the set-ups are everything. Thanks again, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

Sixes

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ElkTurkMan

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spellnj3

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Happy

Congrats, that's a Lotta meat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Quote from: Happy on September 23, 2021, 11:20:22 AM
Congrats, that's a Lotta meat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks my friend. I have the back straps and tenderloins being shipped home. I donated the rest to comrades that needed it....I don't have enough freezer to hold all that meat. Be safe,
"Solo hunter"