OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OK, I took the chance on Bushnell

Started by Tail Feathers, September 02, 2021, 11:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I have a single shot 20 that I wanted to put a reflex red dot on.  It's a gun that I don't carry much and I didn't want to spend too much on a high end sight.  I saw the new Bushnell RSX100 advertised.  A $100 reflex sight.  Reviews I could find were somewhat mixed, but mostly good. Very few had it on a shotgun tho.  I found one at a local shop and bought it.  It looks pretty well made, the glass is clear and doesn't have the strong blue/green tint some do.  I like that.  The dot seems plenty crisp and bright enough for a very bright sunny day here in Texas.

I haven't even mounted it on the gun yet but I'll get some rounds thru the gun when I can and I'll let you know if a $100 reflex sight will hold up on a single shot.

Anyone on here tried one yet?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tom007

Never had a Red Dot Bushnell, but I have had success with their rifle and shotgun scopes. Good luck with it.....
"Solo hunter"

RND1983

I would think you'll be fine with it. I'm sure there are even some cheaper options out there that will do the job.

bbcoach

I put a Bushnell Trophy Red dot on my 835 over 10 years ago and haven't had a problem with it at all.  I only shoot 3 1/2 Hevi 7's in it and it has held up well.  I have several of their rifle scopes on my 300 win mag and 270's and haven't had any problems either.  I just added this post a couple of days ago, http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,105411.0.html  in case you have doubts about your decision.

Mossberg90MN

I actually have the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, seemed to work pretty darn good for $60 if I remember correctly. I just switched it out to a reflex style for a better field of view. The housing for the TRS25 I felt was an obstruction in my view.

Should be good, Bushnell makes good economically priced products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk