OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Glenda Green Turkey Satchel Question

Started by mountainhunter1, July 26, 2021, 01:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

I just received my new minimalist turkey satchel from Mrs. Glenda Green (Green's Custom Call Holsters). Two things, she is a very nice lady and the quality of her work is really really good! I love the satchel and think it will last for a long time even with heavy use. I do have a question for those of you on here who have one of her satchels, and it is simply this - Have you had any issue with pot calls being lost out of the four pot call holders in the front section under the main flap of the satchel while out hunting? I hunt a bit more rugged terrain, and have an ever slight concern that I could lose a nice pot call while traversing between setups. Can some of you who have used your GG satchel for a season or two offer any thoughts to that question? Thanks

P.S. - I would encourage all of you to check out her products. Her work is definitely work checking out as she has some really cool and quality stuff.   
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

HookedonHooks

Pot calls on the inside pockets, you can get two in a pockets stacked on top of each other in koozies.

Those outside pockets are moreso meant for gear. I keep a rangefinder, thermacall, spare pads/butane charges, pot/box call cleaning supplies, pocket knife and a multi tool in those other pockets. With it buckled up none of that stuff is going anywhere though if you were to want to use them for pots.

wchadw

I have the regular size and I put pots in outside pockets. Never had problem but I make sure and put flap over and buckle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I have one of the first 5 made of the bigger satchel and I've never had a problem with pot call holders and striker sleeves. My satchel doesn't have the elastic keeper above the striker sleeves either. All the pot's that I've used have all went down into those pockets.

310 gauge

I have her full size satchel and just recently acquired her minimalist for my Son, who was so impressed with mine he had to own one. I also have two of her Striker roll ups that hold my Strikers intact until I am ready to lay them out beside me and get ready for business. Never have I given a thought of losing anything, whether inside or outside, when I shut that flap and snap those buckles shut. Glenda is a blessing to this industry and I look forward to meeting her at UNICOI!

jmart241

I have the minimalist i think it would be impossible to have one fall out. I love mine outstanding quality

tal

A great lady and quality products. I have her minimalist satchel and a couple box call pouches. No problems of any kind.

mountainhunter1

I appreciate the responses, I was just curious from some of you who have used your satchel for a period of time and would know. I agree with all the comments about her and her work. And it is made in America! Thanks guys and best of luck in the woods. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Turkeybutt

So can anybody tell me how i can contact this lady. I do not have FaceBook.
Thank you!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeybutt on May 24, 2022, 04:04:05 PM
So can anybody tell me how i can contact this lady. I do not have FaceBook.
Thank you!
I text you ...

mikejd

I use the minimalist and I do not believe anything will ever fall out. I am a run and gun style hunter
usually covering about 10 miles a day. So far so good.

Gobbler428

I've used my Minimalist for two seasons now and have never had anything fall out.

762hunter

I have used her larger satchel or as I call it "Murse" for 2 seasons now. Love it!
I Just ordered one of her seats to clip to it just to keep from sitting in the wet at times. Highly recommend both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

My wife picked up my turkey vest three weeks ago and said, "You need to buy yourself a big pocketbook or get yourself a Murse".
I had to laugh but then I noticed some posts about Ms. Glenda Green's Turkey Satchel's and how much everybody likes them.  With that said after the Holiday weekend I'll be ordering my Murse/satchel or Purse/pocketbook. What can I say Potato Potahto and at my age I don't care what anybody calls it. As long as it works, I'll be happy!