OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Angels  (Read 1314 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Angels
« on: July 22, 2021, 01:25:00 PM »
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

When the United States entered World War II, Hollywood film star Jimmy Stewart enlisted in the Army Air Corps as a private. Eventually becoming an officer and a bomber pilot, he flew many combat missions during the war. When he left home for active duty, his father slipped a copy of Psalm 91 into his son’s pocket, telling him to pray it often.

Recommended Reading:
Deuteronomy 31: 6
Part of the promise of protection in Psalm 91 reads this way: “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways” (verse 11). It is ironic that Jimmy Stewart’s most famous movie, It’s a Wonderful Life, would involve an angel named Clarence who indirectly saved Stewart’s character from self-destructing. That fictional movie narrative is certainly indicative of the truth of Scripture. No matter where we are, God is with us—and often His presence is accompanied by the protection or provision of His angelic messengers. Angels may be the most unsung heroes in the story of redemption.

Wherever you are today, God is with you—and His angels are as well (Hebrews 1:14).

God will take care of you, through every day o’er all the way.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline Gobbler-one

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Angels
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:10:10 PM »
very inspirational and uplifting. I needed this today. I wasn't familiar with that bit of history on Jimmy Stewart and his father. A very different set of morels and values from that generation that I fear is sadly missing in most of America today.
It is comforting to know in this day and time we are living, there are still angels among us.