OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crispi boots people

Started by bigbird, July 17, 2021, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I'm wanting to get a new pair of hunting boots and crispi boots are what I'm looking at. For those of you that wear em what boot do wear and how well do fit size wise? I usually wear a 14 but my danner boots seem a little narrow and tight for 14's. Thanks for whatever input you share

Jimspur

Quote from: bigbird on July 17, 2021, 02:58:05 PM
I'm wanting to get a new pair of hunting boots and crispi boots are what I'm looking at. For those of you that wear em what boot do wear and how well do fit size wise? I usually wear a 14 but my danner boots seem a little narrow and tight for 14's. Thanks for whatever input you share

Hey bigbird - If I was you I would go on to bakershoe.com
They are a mom and pop shop that's been in business a long time.
You can look at the different boots online.
They carry all the major brands, Lowa, Hanwag, Crispi, Kennetrek,
Zamberlan, Danner, and more. You can tell them what Danner you have
now, and how they fit you, and they can probably make a recommendation
based on that info. Their phone number is 1-800-879-0514.

bigbird

Jimspur

Quote from: bigbird on July 17, 2021, 03:59:43 PM
Thank you for that

You're welcome. They are extremely knowledgeable, and very helpful.
I won't buy boots anywhere else.

mihunte

I have a few pairs of Crispi boots (Nevada, Monaco, Attiva Mid) and for me they fit true to size based on tennis shoes I wear. Depending on your primary use, different models will work better obviously. I hunt mostly flat ground with some trips to steeper country. Pay attention to the stiffness rating. Seems like some guys prefer a stiffer boot and others like a boot with a more flexible sole. I like a more flexible sole (2 rating) as I think it's a little more comfortable and I find it easier to walk quieter in.

The Nevada's are overall a great boot, very stout and durable but still comfortable. I found them to be a bit too hot for me in warm weather and would actually like a lighter boot as well. I really like them for cool/cold weather when I will be covering several miles or more.

The Monaco's and Attiva Mids are more like a hiking shoe. Lightweight and breathable, but I can't imagine they'd take the abuse that the all leather Nevada's could. Regardless, I've spent several days in each and been satisfied.

I have a pair of the Lapponias on back order. I think they may be just what I'm looking for for spring gobblers - light, flexible, and a full boot. I've also looked at the Summits as they're a little bit lighter than the Nevada's.

I'd also second Bakers boots. Any other questions just fire away

neal

I have 3 pairs. They're true to size literally no break in period and after up 18 miles a day in them my feet feel great. I own several other brands including custom built boots and they're hands down some of the best I've ever worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

fishr64

I had Danner Pronghorn in wide width that never were comfortable to me and weren't wide enough to use different insoles. I now have Crispi Wyoming and Idaho in regular width and different insoles and they fit great. (Wyoming when warmer and Idaho for colder) These two have a more room in the toe box.

My son-in-law has a narrow foot and felt the Idaho were a bit sloppy on his foot so he went with the Nevada'a and loves them. (He also has a pair of the Thor's that need resoled that he loves for a light weight boot) I tried the Nevada's and would need wide.

Agree with talking to either the Crispi folks or a good store to get input on the sizing and fit for the different styles you're interested in for your foot sizing, wants and activity.

Good luck with your purchase!!

AndyH

I have the Thor 2 gtx and I will agree they fit true to size. I like a stiff sole especially hunting steep hills and rocky terrain.

MS TurkeyHunter

No complaints out of my crispy Wyoming's. I wear a size 13 wide and normally it's hard to find a good boot for my size.

Dtrkyman

No go for me, first pair of boots I have bought without trying on somewhere first, got a deal on a new in box pair, I have worn a 9.5 in everything so I grabbed them.

They just do not work for me, weird thing is the left boot is loose and I get heel lift and a wicked blister after only trying them on a few hikes, my left foot larger than the right so it makes no sense.

Back to Asolo for me, they have been my go to for a while and I should have stuck with em!

RossAnderson

Hey there bigbird, I have the Crispi Guide GTX's Noninsulated. First pair of Crispi boots I've had and I won't buy another boot, unless I can't find these anymore. I've had these boots for 3 years now and have put no telling how many miles on em. I wear em all year round from hiking, turkey hunting, deer hunting and bear hunting. Even with them being noninsulated my feet don't get cold but in colder weather I wear a good merino wool sock. I feel like they stay true to size I wear a 10.5 and ordered a 10.5 off their website and they fit perfect. I try to take care of em as much as I can and I put the Crispi water proofing conditioner on them about 3 times a month. I hadn't had any leaks yet. Their a high quality and well made boot in my opinion.

-Ross

WV Flopper

I have a pair of the 10" Guide GTX boots. I like them, they are very well built boots. I hunted in them a good bit this spring and have taken a few hikes with the woman with them as well. I like them the best in hilly country, they have good support. The sole is fairly stiff, Meaning: walking down a dirt road and you step on one lone gravel, you don't feel the gravel poke you in the foot.

The size was the same for me as all other boots I wear. The price is getting up there.

The only fault I can find with the boots so far is the laces them selves. My are torn and need replaced, same as the Meindl laces. The boots are a tad over 4#s, they get heavy at the end of the day. 

I have a little over a hundred miles on these boots, I will buy another pair when these are worn out. A pair of boots usually only last me about 9 months. I have a pair of Meindle's I rotate these with so hopefully I will get two springs out of these.

I have come to the conclusion that we can't just have one pair of boots. I need a pair for flat ground all out walking. A 2# pair of hikers are in my list for next spring, along with the Crispi's and Meindl boots.

rifleman

I ordered a pair of the Nevadas in 9.5 regular width and tried to make the boots fit but were too narrow. With no 9.5 w in stock at BlackOvis the customer rep. suggested the Idaho in the 9.5 regular as they run slightly wider.  The Idaho was perfect right out of the box.  I have really only worn them in the house and for maybe 3 miles on a nasty WV trail and they were the best boot I have ever tried.  Usually my feet would hurt after a walk of this type wearing a multitude of boots I have had.  Not the case with these, pricey forme but worth it.

blake_08

I have the Summit GTX boots and for s lightweight, non insulated boot I couldn't hope for anything more. Very comfortable and light weight but still provide good support. Mine fit me perfectly to size and there was no break in period for comfort, but after 20 or so miles they started fitting me like socks. I really love the boot and I'll definitely be buying more Crispi boots.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk