OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Playing Calls

Started by Greg Massey, July 16, 2021, 10:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacire

I've been practicing a little on a pot call yesterday and today.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tal

I did take a break after the season. It's probably the longest period I didn't practice in the last three years. I keep a yelper laying around and have been picking it back up lately.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I pick a call or 3 up about twice a month.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

wchadw

Daily. I have boxes pots and trumpets on my desk at office that I will pick one up randomly and run.
Have trumpets at house my wife loves me to practice on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Made one for my wife, she practices a little every day now

hotspur

I've been playing with a scratch box, I have never been able to make it sound good . Untill I started using it in the opposite direction , now I can make it sing.

Sir-diealot

I still have a couple of trumpets and the Yelper I got from EZ that I am practicing on, most of the stuff is packed up I am sorry to say.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ranman

Homemade and purchased scratch boxes 2-3 times per week. I have them sitting around in my hunting room, in my shop, and on the counter at the camp. Easily accessible..

Chris O

I have been playing a few calls in the last couple weeks. Mainly trumpets and long boxes

Dtrkyman

Not until just before season, there will be enough days during season to call and get no response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RND1983

I practice daily. Easy to work on the soft stuff in the house.

FLGobstopper

I always have a trumpet on my desk in front of me and try to practice it often. I've yet to hunt where it's been a primary call for me and or the one that I used to mainly work a gobbler. I've struck birds with it but don't have the confidence or skill to make it my finisher. Working on it!

Spitten and drummen

I play a trumpet nearly everyday of the year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

310 gauge

Pairing up Pots and Strikers 3 or 4 times a week. Discovering some new Strikers have breathed life into some forgotten older Pots. Having fun too!

quavers59

I practice a few days a week year round. Kind of enjoyable .