OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ol Tom Time and Motion Easy Rider Vest

Started by St. Augustine Strutter, July 19, 2021, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Augustine Strutter

Quick question for anybody with an Ol Tom Time and Motion Easy Rider Turkey Vest.  It really isnt set up for a water bladder unless you take the back pad out of the vest.  I would like to keep the back pad in the vest to make longer sits more comfortable and I am struggling to find a good alternative.

Does anybody with this issue have any ideas?  Or perhaps know of a small bladder that would work with the vest setup?

Thanks, gentlemen.

THattaway

Two water bottles in pockets in game bag portion. Don't like a bladder between me and tree. Vest is very comfortable btw. My favorite.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

ltprod

I do the same
On really hot days I freeze one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I agree, freeze one water bottle and put it in zip-lock bag for those hot days ..

bigriverbum

just get one of their turkey hunting shirts with the back cushion and wear it under the vest

https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/collections/men-ot-apparel-shirts/products/realtree-mesh-back-flyweight-shirt-with-spine-pad

looks like their inventory is about gone. if you keep an eye out you can get them in any color at like half that price.

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: bigriverbum on July 19, 2021, 03:33:21 PM
just get one of their turkey hunting shirts with the back cushion and wear it under the vest

https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/collections/men-ot-apparel-shirts/products/realtree-mesh-back-flyweight-shirt-with-spine-pad

looks like their inventory is about gone. if you keep an eye out you can get them in any color at like half that price.

Now that is the type of feedback I am looking for!  Heck of an idea.  The water bottles are the easy solution but I used to do that and found that I like a water bladder much better.  Its fits more water, dont need to worry about crunchy plastic bottles making noise, dont have to leave the empties in the back of your vest, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

FL-Boss

I went to a water bladder a few years back.. will never use water bottles again.  I do drink a lot of water.. so it makes it a ton more convenient to have the water nipple on a clip right on my shoulder for a quick sip.  With that said,  look into the RNG 300 vest, it's set up perfect for a water bladder.  I have used the Easy Rider, but I think the RNG is better in every way.

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: FL-Boss on July 19, 2021, 04:06:04 PM
I went to a water bladder a few years back.. will never use water bottles again.  I do drink a lot of water.. so it makes it a ton more convenient to have the water nipple on a clip right on my shoulder for a quick sip.  With that said,  look into the RNG 300 vest, it's set up perfect for a water bladder.  I have used the Easy Rider, but I think the RNG is better in every way.

Thanks for the feedback. I bought one of the RNGs last year because it was on sale and ended up giving it to the kid next door because he didn't have a vest and I was already buying the Alps Grand Slam. Love that vest but it is dang hot and heavy. Kinda wish I would have held onto the RNG.

bigriverbum

Quote from: St. Augustine Strutter on July 19, 2021, 06:59:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I bought one of the RNGs last year because it was on sale and ended up giving it to the kid next door because he didn't have a vest and I was already buying the Alps Grand Slam. Love that vest but it is dang hot and heavy. Kinda wish I would have held onto the RNG.

i have the ol' tom essentials and rng300. didn't wear the rng once this year.  i found i put too much in it that i didn't need. the seat system is unmatched though in my book

those drake shirts are awesome. they have deep chest pockets that fit tons of stuff(have a wide elastic band that holds pot calls secure) and they breathe really well. often i go out with just those on. one pot, 2 strikers, few diaphragms,  phone, smokes, license in shirt pockets. wing bone/trumpet around neck

FL-Boss

My understanding is the RNG vest is now discontinued. I had a feeling they may do this at some point, so I bought 3 of the RNG 300 and 1 of the RNG 200.  I should be set for a while..

Quote from: St. Augustine Strutter on July 19, 2021, 06:59:12 PM

turkeykiller22

I am partial to the Grounded Brand vest. It is set up for a water bladder. I am hoping to have more bottomland in stock soon. Would love to answer any questions that you have. I dont get on here but every so often. My email is Drew@groundedbrand.com 

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/