OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm Problem  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Cruiser

Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm Problem
« on: July 10, 2021, 07:51:11 AM »
I have an Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm, 12g. I believe made around 2003. The forearm slide broke in half?? Anybody else have heard of this problem? Love the gun; but never seen this happen on a pump before.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:42:14 AM by Cruiser »

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
I’ve seen it, a buddy of mine had the same issue with a turkey slayer. He’s Bowguy on here.

Offline Cruiser

Re: Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »
No help from current Ithaca owners either; had to buy a new slide tube and pay $17 shipping for less than a 1lb shipment.

Offline Cruiser

Re: Ithaca Turkeyslayer Storm Problem
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 02:22:00 PM »
Pic of break

Offline NautiBuoys

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 02:58:17 PM »
Contact Les Hovencamp, former head gunsmith of the original  Ithaca company before it went to Ohio. If the action bar separated from the metal tube inside the forend, he can braze it up. Had that happen to one of mine after 40 years of use. He’s at https://ithacagunrepair.com/

Offline Cruiser

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »
Contact Les Hovencamp, former head gunsmith of the original  Ithaca company before it went to Ohio. If the action bar separated from the metal tube inside the forend, he can braze it up. Had that happen to one of mine after 40 years of use. He’s at https://ithacagunrepair.com/

Thanks for the tip; will save the info, hoping I don't need it again. Went ahead and bought the replacement part to get it back in service