OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Confessions of call collectors  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
Re: Confessions of call collectors
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
I only have one call, would never think of having multiple calls. That would be a waste of money......

( my wife reads this forum) ;)
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 01:08:29 PM »
I only have one call, would never think of having multiple calls. That would be a waste of money......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »

Believe THIS or not............... My wife is my enabler.  She's NEVER told me not to buy a call and has actually talked me INTO a couple I was hedging on.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to tell her every once in a while that she's gonna LOVE the auction if I croak first.   ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 01:20:14 PM »
My wife told me my funeral was at 12 and the auction would be at 2.
Jim

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »
My wife told me my funeral was at 12 and the auction would be at 2.

Well, hey....................she's gotta have ample time for grieving...........

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 04:26:54 PM »
Told my wife if I die don't think about selling anything until our son put a price on everything.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 04:38:12 PM »
My wife has been with me to Unicoi and the NWTF several times and is always encouraging me to buy more calls for her future. It took me while to catch on to what she was thinking. LOL..

Offline BMAC_Turkeys

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 04:55:13 PM »
I told my wife not to sell a thing.  My good friend has the spread sheet with costs and will take care of the items my boys dont want.  Cant let her sell them for what she thinks I have in them, nor can she know what Ive got in them while Im alive or shed kill me right there.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 05:24:07 PM »
Add me to the list of addicted call purchaser. Started simple enough was just going to add one more pot call, then saw a different wood, well better get one of those also, then it was a different surface. Then I started seeing nice trumpets, need only one, well maybe another. Then the strikers started. Getting to the point I am afraid to look at the pot/trumpet/box call section of OG. But it sure is fun adding to the addiction

Offline dah

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »
  I am not a collector , I don't have this problem , Honest , Those calls on the shelf , just decor , all those other ones stored in the dark , well , out of sight , out of mind ' right ? No I'm good . I mean , who's counting . Just ask my wife , well she's not here now , visiting her Mom , really. And I am not in denial , no I'm good , I am .

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2021, 05:40:03 AM »
I collect trumpets from one maker, but every one of them also gets used. I’ve killed with 13 out of the 16 that I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pluffmud

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2021, 05:47:21 AM »
My desire for game calls in general started about 4 years ago. The masses are accumulating. No shame here.
Psalm 46:10

Offline ferocious calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2021, 08:48:48 AM »
Trading calls has been very enjoyable. My collection grows each year. Any makers wish to trade, let me know please.

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2021, 09:53:45 PM »
Hi, my name is GobbleGitr and I have a problem....
I started with collecting turkey literature which was my gateway drug, which led me to an obsession with turkey calls.   Now I am fully hooked!  I am collecting calls (factory, custom, vintage & contemporary), literature (books, magazines, NWTF publications, scientific studies, state game turkey regs & guides, etc), audio (records, audiocassettes, CDs) and video (VHS, DVD).  All things turkey are welcome in my Roost. 
Y'all let me know what ya can part with and I'll give it a loving home  ;D

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2021, 12:03:44 AM »
Hi, my name is GobbleGitr and I have a problem....

..........collecting calls (factory, custom, vintage & contemporary), literature (books, magazines, NWTF publications, scientific studies, state game turkey regs & guides, etc), audio (records, audiocassettes, CDs) and video (VHS, DVD).  All things turkey are welcome in my Roost. 

I thank the Lord for guys like you, bro !!!

I can show your post to my Mrs. if need ever be, and tell her how lucky she is I only got it bad for box calls..........

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979