OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bad look for some Tennessee Call Makers  (Read 2959 times)

Offline slicksbeagles1

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Bad look for some Tennessee Call Makers
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 07:47:11 PM »
They ought to put them under the jail and ban them for life from any outdoor activities! This kind of crap is what gives law abiding outdoors men and women bad names. Know  wonder why it’s so hard to get permission to hunt and fish.

Offline Hook hanger

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »
Just poor ol road hunters that got caught! There are more of these types out there! Nwtf employees, workers for conservation departments, and a ton of social media folks. I have seen and heard the stories they have told there's plenty of bad apples out there.

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 12:37:57 AM »
They sold the company before they were convicted, now another guy runs it.

A good friend of mine personally knows the guys who got in trouble. He says one of em is a good dude and the other one is trash. They both made mistakes, but one of em did most of the poaching and then lied about who did what, threw his buddy under the bus to try and get out of some of the charges. I won’t say any names. They’ll both pay for it, but hopefully the one dude lying about it all gets the book thrown at him.

I definitely know what you're saying, the one gentleman who you're referring to as trash killed a real nice wide TN buck last fall, and has since deleted those posts from his page as well. Definitely makes you wonder about the take of that one too. I never really liked the guy, because he just pimped his mouth calls on as many pages and peoples posts as he possibly could and took "sexy", in nothing but underwear, pictures laying behind dead turkeys and thought it was cool or funny ???
That’s not the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline kelley91

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 03:28:13 AM »
where in tn did these dudes live

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 06:11:50 AM »
As stated previously these are just a couple road hunters that got caught. Poching and illegal activity is rampant. In my area they will shoot a nice deer and have another guy several hundred yards away start doing all kinds of shooting to distract the wardens. Hard to catch them.

Road hunting for turkeys is common everywhere public and private. People feel they have a right. Despite all this Deer and Turkey continue to thrive in some areas. Poaching is just another pitfall for game populations. No sense getting indignant as times and customs are changing and being law abiding is not in favor. I just keep the game wardens number on speed dial.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Online CALLM2U

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 08:39:18 AM »
I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere, but I know several towns where the poachers do way more harm to turkey populations than allowing decoys will ever do. 

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 09:00:20 AM »
It is a shame that little can be done with both.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 11:40:51 PM »
Jr. needs to get arrested for misconduct with that turkey..