turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Joined the .410 Game.

Started by WildTigerTrout, July 01, 2021, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

I recently gave in and purchased a .410 for turkey hunting.  I hear a lot of talk and discussion on the subject and just could not resist any longer! Ha.  I found a used but unfired Mossberg 500 Turkey at my favorite LGS. It has full coverage Mossy Oak Obsession camo, middle bead and front FO red bead, sling studs and a 26" fixed full choke barrel.  I outfitted it with a Outdoor Connections Super Sling 2+ MO Obsession.  I measured the bore at the end of the barrel and it measures .389.  I think that is tighter than standard full choke.  Am I right?  I think it leans more to the extra full side. Yes? Unfortunately I don't have any factory TSS shot shells to try in it at this point and it may be a while before I do. Thank you for any info you fellows can provide.  I have heard that .385 to .390 is in the right choke diameter range for TSS.  Is that correct?
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

turkeymanjim

That is correct.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Thank you for your response.  I did test some Winchester Super X 3" Mag. lead with 11/16 and 3/4 oz. # 6 shot.  They both held good patterns at 30 yards.  Looking forward to testing some TSS.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

squirrel_hunter

Nice gun. I have the same gun almost.  Mine is 500 410 TSS turkey gun in mossy oak in bottomland. Came with xful turkey choke. I have a reflex dot . I replace factory xful choke.  It has a IC xx ful choke. And using ninja 9.5 tss. I have the mossberg sa 410ga TSS turkey gun also. Same camo, sight, choke and ammo as the 500. The 500 i use squirrel hunting.