OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Joined the .410 Game.  (Read 2139 times)

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
Joined the .410 Game.
« on: July 01, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
I recently gave in and purchased a .410 for turkey hunting.  I hear a lot of talk and discussion on the subject and just could not resist any longer! Ha.  I found a used but unfired Mossberg 500 Turkey at my favorite LGS. It has full coverage Mossy Oak Obsession camo, middle bead and front FO red bead, sling studs and a 26" fixed full choke barrel.  I outfitted it with a Outdoor Connections Super Sling 2+ MO Obsession.  I measured the bore at the end of the barrel and it measures .389.  I think that is tighter than standard full choke.  Am I right?  I think it leans more to the extra full side. Yes? Unfortunately I don't have any factory TSS shot shells to try in it at this point and it may be a while before I do. Thank you for any info you fellows can provide.  I have heard that .385 to .390 is in the right choke diameter range for TSS.  Is that correct?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:47:18 PM by WildTigerTrout »
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline turkeymanjim

Re: Joined the .410 Game.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 05:44:17 PM »
That is correct.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:54:30 PM »
Thank you for your response.  I did test some Winchester Super X 3" Mag. lead with 11/16 and 3/4 oz. # 6 shot.  They both held good patterns at 30 yards.  Looking forward to testing some TSS.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline squirrel_hunter

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 10:21:59 AM »
Nice gun. I have the same gun almost.  Mine is 500 410 TSS turkey gun in mossy oak in bottomland. Came with xful turkey choke. I have a reflex dot . I replace factory xful choke.  It has a IC xx ful choke. And using ninja 9.5 tss. I have the mossberg sa 410ga TSS turkey gun also. Same camo, sight, choke and ammo as the 500. The 500 i use squirrel hunting.