OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How would you approach the roost in this situation?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: How would you approach the roost in this situation?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 10:01:37 AM »
I would aim at the top of the skull cap - don't wanna ruin any shingles!

Good tight 10" pattern will take care of it
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »
#8 dove shot so the neighbors 2 streets down don’t notice the pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 12:55:32 PM »
Cool weather vane!  My high powered pellet gun and a well placed shot to his noggin!!!

Offline Nathan_Wiles

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
Unbelievable, yall taking the sport right out this... first you gotta pattern this bird. Check the security cameras around the neighborhood for this. Then you gotta get those pesky motion lights deactivated so you can slip in on his roost site.
* make sure you know when folks leave for, school, joggers making laps, walkers all these must be accounted in your planning.

Once all the factors are considered it would be completely unsportsmanlike to just pick him off.
Set up no closer than one neighbors yard away. A few soft yelps to keep him on the roof til everyone leaves then you can throw the hard stuff to him and pull him down between the bird feeders and the kids bicycles. If that doesn't work you'll need to back out but wait for the mailman to come thru its good cover then loop around a couple houses or even a back street to get in front of him.
See way more sporting, lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 02:42:49 PM »
Alright... first you make sure it’s good and dark. Then you set up against the back of the house, preferably next to a deck or stairs of some sort. Bow is probably preferred for this set up...

After a few gobbles at first light, you start whispering sweet nothings to this ol boy. He should eventually pitch down into the back lawn, then you let one of those babies fly. He shouldn’t go 20! Then you’ll be eating nuggets come lunchtime.

Offline Howie g

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 07:14:22 AM »
With a extension ladder ????

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 11:21:39 PM »
Usually from 150 yards and with a 22-250. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Hook hanger

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2021, 12:53:15 AM »
Yard bird walk up to lawn with a bag of cracked corn and a butcher knife too easy!!

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2021, 09:40:23 AM »
I would come up from the bottom of the swimming pool like Rambo and crank up my belt fed 20 GA Mossberg with TSS9

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
I am thinking yellow yelper and a 9 iron, maybe an 8.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
I’d probably use the terrain and sneak around the neighbors house, cut through the kiddies playground  set, then sneak behind the tire rope swing, belly crawl through the sand box and get in that little patch of the tall grass that doesn’t get mowed about 150 yards out.  I’ll pull my Ghillie hood up. Put out the most aggressive hen talk because he’s still on the roost and they love that Shhhhtuff. Then when he flies down and cuts the distance in half. I’ll let it rip with my TSS.  :funnyturkey:

On a serious note cool photo.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."