OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cutting and rethreading barrel

Started by Paulmyr, June 19, 2021, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on June 19, 2021, 07:28:39 AM
Here's something to consider...if you have more than one choke for this gun (should be Beretta/ Benelli-Mobil threads) then you may want to opt for a new factory barrel. Reason being is when a barrel is cut & re-threaded it's not going to be in the Mobil threads, it will most likely be a Win-choke, Rem-choke ,or Tru-choke style. Then, that puts you having to buy all new choke tubes. If you do decide to cut & re-thread the barrel Comp-N-Choke is a great choice. Whatever you decide to do, please keep us in the loop ,and good luck!!!

Very true!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Paulmyr

Question for the guys thinking my problem might be a bent magazine tube. If the magazine tube is bent won't that throw the whole barrel out of alignment? If I'm centering the bead on the vent rib the gun should shoot where the bead is pointing. How would a bent magazine tube change poa/poi?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Paulmyr

Turns out after extensive shooting and swapping barrels and chokes it was only the extended turkey choke that was bent.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

SumToy

Quote from: Paulmyr on June 28, 2021, 06:13:21 PM
Turns out after extensive shooting and swapping barrels and chokes it was only the extended turkey choke that was bent.

I always tell folks to try a few junk shells and stock chokes at say 50ft.    If you have 2 that shoot same spot that is the POI.   

Glad you found the problem.   :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA