OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best 1qt cold weather coffee “thermos”?

Started by lowoctane, June 15, 2021, 07:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Parrot Head on June 15, 2021, 06:28:34 PM
Just came across this.
https://www.outdoorhub.com/ozark-trail-thermos-review/
I have the 32oz and when I preheat it the same as I do my Stanley thermos it does a pretty decent job. Of course the only time of year I really drink coffee is during trapping season, nasty stuff but it helps keep you warm.  By the way, I also have the Stanley food thermos and if you preheat it it will keep your food pretty warm for quite some time. Again it makes to much noise for hunting purposes in my book and I do not want to remove the handles because they they would be hard to carry with my messed up hands.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jtg88

Quote from: Franklin7x57 on June 15, 2021, 08:12:13 AM
zojirushi thermo leak proof, steaming hot 10 hours later, coffee is drinkable the next morning. They make different sizes, mine is 16 ounces. I put it in my vest for later, use any cup for the drive over. I have  a yeti cup but you can't put them in a pack without leaking, they may make a "thermo" that I haven't seen.

This x1000. Yeti, RTIC, etc aren't even in the same league as Zojirushi. Yes, they're foreign and , yes, they kick anything else's butt.  Pour your coffee at 5 am and it will still scald you 12 hours later if you keep it closed. Heck it will still be warm the next morning when you pour it out getting ready for the next day's fill.

Yoteduster

Tail Feathers

My Nissan/Thermos brand thermos works well.  But as I drink it down usually by noon I don't know how well it would do by 5pm.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

Stanley 
If i need to really keep it hot I put bowling water in it for a few minutes , dump and then refill with coffee.
One the way to hunt, right on the floor by the heat vent.

Tom007

Quote from: lowoctane on June 15, 2021, 07:56:07 AM
Are they 1 qt?

Sorry, just saw this. They come in all different sizes. Will check on it...

Tom007

Quote from: lowoctane on June 15, 2021, 07:56:07 AM
Are they 1 qt?

Yeti Rambler comes in 26, 30 oz, 36, oz, and other various sizes. Did not see a 32 oz.

Chordeiles

Gobbler-one

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 15, 2021, 09:00:19 PM
Quote from: Parrot Head on June 15, 2021, 06:28:34 PM
Just came across this.
https://www.outdoorhub.com/ozark-trail-thermos-review/
I have the 32oz and when I preheat it the same as I do my Stanley thermos it does a pretty decent job. Of course the only time of year I really drink coffee is during trapping season, nasty stuff but it helps keep you warm.  By the way, I also have the Stanley food thermos and if you preheat it it will keep your food pretty warm for quite some time. Again it makes to much noise for hunting purposes in my book and I do not want to remove the handles because they they would be hard to carry with my messed up hands.
Hard to beat a Stanley. I've used them for years. If you extend the handle and put a strip of duck tape around the hinges it won't make any noise. you may want to tape up or paint the chrome cup as well if hunting with it.

lacire

A lot of good information in those thermos tests.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

wvmntnhick

Stanley. Is the way to roll. As for Yeti, have they changed their stance on outdoorsman? They were supporting the camping crowd and such but was fairly certain they'd taken an anti stance on the hunting crowd. I might be wrong about that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on June 16, 2021, 10:27:24 AM
Stanley. Is the way to roll. As for Yeti, have they changed their stance on outdoorsman? They were supporting the camping crowd and such but was fairly certain they'd taken an anti stance on the hunting crowd. I might be wrong about that though.

There was a thing where they did not pick up a contract with I believe it was the NRA and it was said that they were not supporting sportsman anymore by those that jumped to conclusions, what Yeti had to said about it and I am paraphrasing legal mumbojumbo is that the NRA did not get in some kind of paperwork in time to have them listed as one of the companies that they would sponsor but they would have been fine with picking them up the following year if they were to submit the paperwork in time. I do know they went on to sponsor other wildlife organizations including the NWTF that year. That is all I know about it, I have never bought any of their stuff because there is cheaper stuff that does just as good and I have no interest in keeping up with the Jones's.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

Well, that's good enough for me. lol