OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best 1qt cold weather coffee “thermos”?

Started by lowoctane, June 15, 2021, 07:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:morning:
Opinions please! When I deer hunt here in MO, I stay out all day if necessary and I want a hot cup of coffee regardless of the time of day! Is there such a "thermos"? I've tried quite a few...  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Tom007

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

Some years back there were "thermos" carriers that were insulated. Now I wish I had bought one!!!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Franklin7x57

zojirushi thermo leak proof, steaming hot 10 hours later, coffee is drinkable the next morning. They make different sizes, mine is 16 ounces. I put it in my vest for later, use any cup for the drive over. I have  a yeti cup but you can't put them in a pack without leaking, they may make a "thermo" that I haven't seen.

lowoctane

Quote from: Franklin7x57 on June 15, 2021, 08:12:13 AM
zojirushi thermo leak proof, steaming hot 10 hours later, coffee is drinkable the next morning. They make different sizes, mine is 16 ounces. I put it in my vest for later, use any cup for the drive over. I have  a yeti cup but you can't put them in a pack without leaking, they may make a "thermo" that I haven't seen.

:popcorn:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

THattaway

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Sir-diealot

I took out my Stanley last deer season and it kept the coffee plenty hot but the handle made way to much noise for my taste. If you do decide to take a Stanley then always preheat the thermos the night before by either putting hot tap water or what I found to work even better is hot water right out of the whistling tea pot. I have opened the thermos a day later that way and the coffee was still quite warm in the thermos, though I would not say it was hot.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Parrot Head

Have a Stanley I have used for years.  Sir diealot  I just removed my handle.   I had it duct tape for a long time but then just took it off.

the Ward

I have had very good luck with Hydroflask. They come in different sizes, but I am not sure if they have a quart model.

lacire

I've used Contigo for a few years, they make some nice stuff. As already mentioned, I always preheat the thermos with hot or boiling water from the microwave before I put my coffee in.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

btomlin

I have a 36oz Yeti bottle/rambler/something or other that I use to keep coffee hot all day or water cold all day.  It does both really well.  I'm assuming RTIC, Ozark Trail, etc would all be very similar.  My only complaint is that I have a heck of a time pouring into my cups without a making a mess.   As soon as I started backing off the pour, it runs right down the bottle.    When it is time for a refill while I'm traveling it is always a "pull over" and refill out the open truck door. I've had mine for years so they may have changed the lids.  I have yeti 30oz cups and Ozark Trail 30oz cups and they work nearly the same.  FYI

Prohunter3509

Wal mart brand a lot cheaper and just as good
Wife got yeti and my cheap ones just as good