OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hate! Absolutely HATE this new requirement to accept the advertising as a condition of service!  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Matt76cmich

I paid $10 years ago to get rid of all the ads on Tapatalk. Not sure what they charge now for it, but when I did it it was a one time fee.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 08:43:12 AM by Matt76cmich »

Offline Mountainburd

I can’t stand tapatalk. I only use it when posting pictures because I can’t seem to post them otherwise. All other times, I go to the website through my browser On my phone or desktop and have no issues, and no adds as mentioned by the OP.

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
On the bright side, if that's the worst you've got to complain about then life will be ok.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
On the bright side, if that's the worst you've got to complain about then life will be ok.
Oh yeah, this is definitely a first world problem. But it is annoying sitting there and all of a sudden a video ad comes on and starts blaring over your phone.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Online Spring Creek Calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Spring Creek Turkey Calls
As Mountainburd said, I  only use Tapatalk when I'm posting pictures. Go straight to OG and avoid the nonsense.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
As Mountainburd said, I  only use Tapatalk when I'm posting pictures. Go straight to OG and avoid the nonsense.

:morning:
Yep, pretty much what I do as well… :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
I definitely did hate it. Hated it enough to just buy the app and call it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
I really like this forum but it's biggest frustration for me has always been posting pictures.  Too bad.   :deadhorse:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
I really like this forum but it's biggest frustration for me has always been posting pictures.  Too bad.   :deadhorse:
If you are not using an Apple product I would be happy to try to help you learn how. Nine out of ten times if there is a problem posting pictures on my end it is that I just have to resize them and I can help you learn how to do that as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
I stay logged in on Tapatalk on my phone, so I don't have to log in every time or accept ads. Pretty much every website has ads these days unless you pay to upgrade.
I don't use the browser on my phone to go to OG because it displays small, and my old eyes ain't what they used to be.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
If you are not using an Apple product I would be happy to try to help you learn how. Nine out of ten times if there is a problem posting pictures on my end it is that I just have to resize them and I can help you learn how to do that as well.

Been through this before.  I can do it here since I have pictures posted.  It takes me several minutes to load, then reduce, then post, then further reduce etc.  Usually ends up with the pictures getting posted to two "other" forums and not here.  Just the way it is.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler

Been through this before.  I can do it here since I have pictures posted.  It takes me several minutes to load, then reduce, then post, then further reduce etc.  Usually ends up with the pictures getting posted to two "other" forums and not here.  Just the way it is.

imgur.com fix any photo posting issues.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler

I sometimes use this and flickr as well, only problem is most people make the images to large with imgur and it comes out to take up most of my 20" screen, if you put an l or m after it will reduce the size of the picture. So if I wanted to go with a large pic I would do with no space between the l and the dot or with no space between the m and the .  If you are on a cell phone looking it automatically resizes it for you. Also in case you do not know you can get tapatalk with no advertisements for .99 a month, $9.99 a year or $29.90 for lifetime.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler

I sometimes use this and flickr as well, only problem is most people make the images to large with imgur and it comes out to take up most of my 20" screen, if you put an l or m after it will reduce the size of the picture. So if I wanted to go with a large pic I would do with no space between the l and the dot or with no space between the m and the .  If you are on a cell phone looking it automatically resizes it for you. Also in case you do not know you can get tapatalk with no advertisements for .99 a month, $9.99 a year or $29.90 for lifetime.

Easier to explain how to stop doing that with Imgur that going through the whole process of resizing and posting.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler

Easier to explain how to stop doing that with Imgur that going through the whole process of resizing and posting.
With some people yes with other no, we all learn things differently.

John Koenig: