OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg SA-20 unboxing  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
Mossberg SA-20 unboxing
« on: June 11, 2021, 01:13:06 PM »
Picked up my SA-20 yesterday. Everything seemed to be there except choke wrench which is no big deal i have lots. It came with top rail installed and bird buster sights which the jury is out on. I dont know why when i order a firearm from a dealer they go through everything my pet peeve. Appears to have a bead flat black finish which appears cheap. But if it runs well Tarjac can take care of that. On the plus side everything appears well machined and tight tolerances. I did a cleaning this morning to get all the packing grease and oil out. A light coat of break free then wiped down as recommended. My Beretta runs better almost dry so i will try the same with this. I will run it to see poi and it will be topped off with a Bushnell circle x or a reflex sight. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:55:45 AM by Old Timer »

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
Re: Mossberg SA-20 unboxing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 02:39:26 PM »
I have a bunch of these Turkish shotguns - Tristar, Moss, Weatherby. I think I had 3 different SA-20 turkey models. My last one came with the pic rail, and also had the beard buster sights.  Everything was good, except the gun sling hook on the stock was laying in the box.. not screwed into the stock.  Assuming you got the SA-20 Turkey model - I'm almost positive you shouldn't have received a choke wrench. Since it comes with only 1 extended turkey choke.    It's hit or miss with these Turkish guns, but all of them I have over the years have functioned well. However, they are all used as low-volume turkey guns... not dove hunting or anything like that with them..
And yes, the metal finish is almost like flat black spray paint. Definalty not durable. No big deal for me since I get most of my guns hydro-dipped immediately anyway..