OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Struggles for patience  (Read 1188 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Struggles for patience
« on: June 08, 2021, 09:03:28 AM »
“He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly.” – Proverbs 14:29

One of the Merriam Webster definitions of patience is: “steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity.” It’s not the most uplifting definition. Being patient is hard because as humans, we have a tendency to want what we want at that particular moment. Unfortunately, it seems that life is often a test of patience.

I struggle with waiting – whether it’s sitting in traffic or at a restaurant. Why, I’d rather drive five miles out of the way than sit stuck in traffic. I get impatient when I’m facing a deadline and get interrupted, or when someone says they’ll do something and then fall through.

Where do you struggle with patience? Do you ever pray, “Lord, give me some patience, now!” Let me suggest a few practical ways to learn patience:

Take a deep breath and pray for self-control.
When people anger you, if possible, retreat for a moment. Take time to back off and get control of your emotions.
Confront fairly, and seek to listen and understand – first.  When needed, be sure to forgive.
Remember, the greatest motive for patience is remembering God’s patience with us.
Patience is a precious commodity, for it’s a powerful way to win the respect of others and turn a potential enemy into a friend.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
Re: Struggles for patience
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 08:28:15 AM »
That’s a good word. I know we can all work on our patience. One of my favorite provers says a wise man avoids strife but a fool is quick to quarrel. You better keep that one close to your heart these days because it’s easier than ever to jump into the middle of strife. Be patient and think about what you’re going to say, how you’re going to respond. Ask yourself Is this action going to represent Jesus well or am I going to look like a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk