OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is this Turkey doing?

Started by Crghss, June 05, 2021, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Cowboy

Just being aggressive.  Same as a rooster will attack a human sometimes. We had mean old roosters that would jump you when I was a kid. You could kick them hard like a football and they would roll and come right back. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

That's a wild turkey being a wild turkey.  I'd rather eat that "ribeye in the sky" though. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Greg Massey

Agree, it's turkey being a turkey.. it's wildlife ...

Tail Feathers

Protecting his turf or a hen we don't see on camera I would guess.
I once had one strut out in front of my truck and not let me pass.  He finally moved off to the side, 3' from my door and I drove on.  I came back by a few minutes later and he left two hens to chase my truck about 60 yards. 
They act crazy sometimes, especially in the spring.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Meleagris gallopavo

I used to raise domestic and wild turkeys on the farm.  They were yard birds.  The males were typically aggressive towards anything that was not too big or something that had whipped them a bit already.  They'd chase kids and shorter people.  Wild ones can be aggressive like that at times.  Many years later my cousin who was tilling a field in the spring called me once and said "I need you to come kill a turkey, he won't get out of the way of the tractor and he's attacking the tires."  I did not oblige him.  The turkey was wild as no one had any domestic turkeys for miles and the field he was in was secluded and in the woods. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

THattaway

I once saw a bantam rooster flat whip a big barnyard Tom.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

ChiefBubba

You ever see the beak on a Sand Hill? They are deadly pointy things. Med Rare and absolutely better then a Ribeye. Bubba

Sir-diealot

Had one attack my truck in the road once and another attack a friend playing paintball in the woods.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ChesterCopperpot

I got attacked by one once while I was fly fishing on a real small trout stream. Came out of nowhere and flew up and tried to spur me in the head. Landed on the other side of the stream and went up the mountain and I thought it would go on. He turns around and comes back and does it again. When he lands on the other side this time I reached in the stream and got a big rock, thinking if he turns around again I'm going to try to scare him off. Sure enough he turns around and I loft this big rock over at him trying to just scare him off. Well it hits him right square in the chest. I'll never forget the sound it made. Needless to say he hobbled on off after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ihuntoldschool

NCL

This past season we had four jakes hanging around us. There were two Canadian Honkers that flew into the area, one landed in a Digger Pine the other on the ground below the tree, the jakes saw the Honker on the ground and began to chase it across the field. The Jakes never got close to the Honker but it was fun to watch

dublelung

Cool video! Ol gobbler may want to reconsider who he picks a fight with.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."