turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WINCHESTER SXP NWTF TURKEY HUNTER – MOBUC-20 Gauge

Started by RED NECK, June 04, 2021, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I found another one,I cant find the pistol grip version like I had but I think I want the regular stock anyway, I just got off phone with shop and put a deposit down for a few weeks. I like how the sxp 20 gauge patterned,I really hope that this trigger is nicer than my other one was. I wanted the mobuc as well for this gun. I can't wait for a few weeks to pattern this gun.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I will be testing a handful of chokes out and I am going to test every shell I have,which at this time is....

-Longbeard 5's
-Longbeard 6's
-Hevi shot 6's
-Mag blends
-kent tk7's
-Federal Grand Slam 5's
-Browning xd 5's
-Federal 3rd degree 5,6,7's
-Federal Tss #7's

I do plan on shooting the fiber optic sights and I will probably also add a little Bushnell or Vortex red dot as well,before next spring.

Jroddc

I picked one up just as the season was starting here. Didn't get a chance to shoot it yet but it will give me something to do before next season. Probably gonna run a green dot on it. Need to get a few chokes to try. I'll be shooting 7.5 tss handloads out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

Nice looking gun.I'd shoot tss #9 if we could,#7 is the cut off at this time.I hunted with 20's 90% of this season and shot both my longbeards with 20's. I still will carry a 12 the odd time but I am going to start collecting just 20 gauges going forward.

RED NECK

I'm going to buy a stoeger m3020 this summer,as I cant locate the franchi I want up here.

BINK McCARTY

Heartbreak Kid...Not sure if they have any more but I picked up a turkey model on gunbroker @ Sportsman supply for way less than $500 and they sell normally for $600. They are great guns. Pair it with an Indian Creek choke and you'll have money!!!

RED NECK

I ended up waiting as the small shop told me they would eventually be getting in a few pistol gripped sxp longbeard 20's. I got the email the other day,months after I long forgot about this gun.I went ahead and told them,ok.Its a mobuc longbeard sxp 20 gauge and I will have it by February.

RED NECK

I should have my new longbeard 20 in mobuc sometime next week,I believe It is shipping tomorrow, I am going to believe the glass is half full and the trigger will be better,well It couldnt be any worse than my first one.

I have a vortex venom with warbird protector here waiting to either go on this gun or my new stevens 301, I like the fiber optics that this gun comes with so I think I will use them, I plan on testing this gun this winter with a handful of chokes and shells I have.

This was a Christmas gift to myself, and I regretted selling my first one.I have sold 4 turkey guns that I have bought for my collection in my life and this was the only one that I regretted enough to buy again.

RED NECK

It took less than 18 hours for the new 20 ga sxp longbeard to arrive via ups. I cleaned the barrel and put it together, and maybe I am mis-remembering as its been 20 months but this receiver and trigger area looks different,maybe upgraded,safety looks different?..Maybe not, maybe I didn't look at first one enough but I think Its different. I will try and post up a few pictures later if I can get away from football long enough.

RED NECK

RED NECK

This gun is a peach, I was worried about the trigger being a pos like the first one I owned, It isnt, this gun was the easiest shotgun I have ever had to setup for turkey hunting other than my browning bps 12 gauge. I didn't even have to adjust the fiber optic sights, I setup at 12 yards and fired a target load,dead on. I stepped back to 40 yards and loaded a Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 and fired,It was dead on,dead turkey and a very good pattern. I backed up and fired from 50 yards as well and still a real solid pattern with a .585 trulock pinhoti choke. I also fired Longbeard #6, at 40 yards and no turkey was getting away. I didn't bother shooting any more shells, I didn't need to, I'll be shooting the Federal 5-6-7's and longbeards from this gun.

I took pictures of all my patterns, if you really want to see one. I'd send you them via email.

RED NECK

I ordered two Bushnell rxs 100's and another 20 gauge sxp longbeard in obsession, and I am going to sight in and pattern both this weekend with the new red dots and some different shells. I looked all over for the regular stock sxp 20 longbeard but all out of stock, so I went with another pistol grip in obsession. Everything is here and ready to go, I'll be carrying 20's this week. I am going to test a tightwad .570, and a k gt .560, IC .555 and a Carlson's .565 non ported, along with the longbeard turkey choke it came with as well.