OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WINCHESTER SXP NWTF TURKEY HUNTER – MOBUC-20 Gauge  (Read 4431 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
WINCHESTER SXP NWTF TURKEY HUNTER – MOBUC-20 Gauge
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:11:26 PM »
I found another one,I cant find the pistol grip version like I had but I think I want the regular stock anyway, I just got off phone with shop and put a deposit down for a few weeks. I like how the sxp 20 gauge patterned,I really hope that this trigger is nicer than my other one was. I wanted the mobuc as well for this gun. I can't wait for a few weeks to pattern this gun.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: WINCHESTER SXP NWTF TURKEY HUNTER – MOBUC-20 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 07:06:25 AM »
I will be testing a handful of chokes out and I am going to test every shell I have,which at this time is....

-Longbeard 5's
-Longbeard 6's
-Hevi shot 6's
-Mag blends
-kent tk7's
-Federal Grand Slam 5's
-Browning xd 5's
-Federal 3rd degree 5,6,7's
-Federal Tss #7's

I do plan on shooting the fiber optic sights and I will probably also add a little Bushnell or Vortex red dot as well,before next spring.

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »
I picked one up just as the season was starting here. Didn’t get a chance to shoot it yet but it will give me something to do before next season. Probably gonna run a green dot on it. Need to get a few chokes to try. I’ll be shooting 7.5 tss handloads out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 06:39:50 AM »
Nice looking gun.I'd shoot tss #9 if we could,#7 is the cut off at this time.I hunted with 20's 90% of this season and shot both my longbeards with 20's. I still will carry a 12 the odd time but I am going to start collecting just 20 gauges going forward.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »
I'm going to buy a stoeger m3020 this summer,as I cant locate the franchi I want up here.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
Heartbreak Kid...Not sure if they have any more but I picked up a turkey model on gunbroker @ Sportsman supply for way less than $500 and they sell normally for $600. They are great guns. Pair it with an Indian Creek choke and you'll have money!!!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 11:56:18 AM »
I ended up waiting as the small shop told me they would eventually be getting in a few pistol gripped sxp longbeard 20's. I got the email the other day,months after I long forgot about this gun.I went ahead and told them,ok.Its a mobuc longbeard sxp 20 gauge and I will have it by February.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 07:27:21 PM »
I should have my new longbeard 20 in mobuc sometime next week,I believe It is shipping tomorrow, I am going to believe the glass is half full and the trigger will be better,well It couldnt be any worse than my first one.

I have a vortex venom with warbird protector here waiting to either go on this gun or my new stevens 301, I like the fiber optics that this gun comes with so I think I will use them, I plan on testing this gun this winter with a handful of chokes and shells I have.

This was a Christmas gift to myself, and I regretted selling my first one.I have sold 4 turkey guns that I have bought for my collection in my life and this was the only one that I regretted enough to buy again.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »
It took less than 18 hours for the new 20 ga sxp longbeard to arrive via ups. I cleaned the barrel and put it together, and maybe I am mis-remembering as its been 20 months but this receiver and trigger area looks different,maybe upgraded,safety looks different?..Maybe not, maybe I didn't look at first one enough but I think Its different. I will try and post up a few pictures later if I can get away from football long enough.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »
This gun is a peach, I was worried about the trigger being a pos like the first one I owned, It isnt, this gun was the easiest shotgun I have ever had to setup for turkey hunting other than my browning bps 12 gauge. I didn't even have to adjust the fiber optic sights, I setup at 12 yards and fired a target load,dead on. I stepped back to 40 yards and loaded a Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 and fired,It was dead on,dead turkey and a very good pattern. I backed up and fired from 50 yards as well and still a real solid pattern with a .585 trulock pinhoti choke. I also fired Longbeard #6, at 40 yards and no turkey was getting away. I didn't bother shooting any more shells, I didn't need to, I'll be shooting the Federal 5-6-7's and longbeards from this gun.

I took pictures of all my patterns, if you really want to see one. I'd send you them via email.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 04:38:16 AM »
I ordered two Bushnell rxs 100's and another 20 gauge sxp longbeard in obsession, and I am going to sight in and pattern both this weekend with the new red dots and some different shells. I looked all over for the regular stock sxp 20 longbeard but all out of stock, so I went with another pistol grip in obsession. Everything is here and ready to go, I'll be carrying 20's this week. I am going to test a tightwad .570, and a k gt .560, IC .555 and a Carlson's .565 non ported, along with the longbeard turkey choke it came with as well.