OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Winchester SX4 NWTF/ SXP Long Beard  (Read 1676 times)

Offline R.W. Mackey

Winchester SX4 NWTF/ SXP Long Beard
« on: May 31, 2021, 01:56:33 PM »
  Looking at one of these, found some info on the SX4 but not much on the SXP Long Beard. Would prefer the semi, but really like the pistol grip stock on the Long Beard.
  Any info on either would be appreciated, also does anyone know if the stocks would interchange.
Thanks,
RW
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Offline turkeymanjim

Re: Winchester SX4 NWTF/ SXP Long Beard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »
I don't know if you plan on hunting other states, pistol grip stocks are illegal in new york state. Any grip below trigger guard not  legal in NY. I have one of the first benelli M1 with pistol grip that i found out the hard way in NY that it wasn't legal. I have a 20 gauge winchester sx3 with cantilever barrel that shoots great with fast fire 3 red dot scope and sumtoy 562.5 choke with federal tss #7 shot. #9 shot not legal in New York either.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline R.W. Mackey

Re: Winchester SX4 NWTF/ SXP Long Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply, pistol grips are not a problem in the states I hunt. I’ve had an old Mossburg
935 Turkey gun for years, it has the pistol grip which I really like, just looking to downsize a little in my old age. Thinking the 20 with the TSS would be the way to go.
   If anyone who shoots an SXP has experience with the SX4, I would like to know how much of a difference there is in the recoil.

RW
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk