OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Which glass?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline thundrchikin

Which glass?
« on: May 28, 2021, 09:15:44 AM »
I'm looking at buying a glass call in the near future. I'm trying to settle on either a Hanks Zebrawood or Osage glass over aluminum or a Halloran Twisted Sister..does anyone have any input on either of these calls. Thanks in advance

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Which glass?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 10:58:27 AM »
I'm looking at buying a glass call in the near future. I'm trying to settle on either a Hanks Zebrawood or Osage glass over aluminum or a Halloran Twisted Sister..does anyone have any input on either of these calls. Thanks in advance
My only suggestion is for you to look at these pot call builders before you order one or more pot's ... Larry Buster Halford, Clay Townsend and Mark Cornelius, these are listed in no order, just giving you some better options than the ones you listed..all of these builders are on facebook with sound files etc...

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »
I don’t have experience with the calls you listed but I really like my Buster Halford Glass Osage pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
I have/have had all three pots you mentioned. Preferred the zebra over the osage as far as the Hanks pots go. Of the three the Twisted Sister is the only one I held onto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline Gog1015

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 09:34:12 PM »
Highly recommend giving a Buster Halford Osage over slate a try, great guy and great call. He has a lot of great combos but you mentioned Osage. As mentioned Cornelius and Townsend make a great call as well.

Offline Loyalist84

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 10:49:07 PM »
I haven't any experience with the makers you've listed, but my Buster Halford Osage glass over slate is a killer call. He makes a double-sider as well as a single sider, but I'd get the former, it's an excellent example of the callmaker's art.

Offline shatcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
Everyone mentioned is fine, including your Hank's suggestion and the Twisted Sister.