OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TSS Windage Difference?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
TSS Windage Difference?
« on: May 25, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »
The 3in Hevi 18 and Federal TSS rounds consistently pattern to the right of my POA in my 535. Hevi 13, longbeard xr, supremes, magshok all shoot dead on (POA & POI match).
I am not going to shoot TSS in this gun, since they shoot lights out in my 835, but has anyone else noticed a windage difference with TSS?
Seems strange, would have expected elevation differences but not windage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: TSS Windage Difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »
Harder shot will tell on barrel regulation and your shooting more. Reconsider how you mount the gun and face the target. A lighter load might help as it will diverge less.

I base this on what I have seen with subgauges. No idea why anyone would bother with TSS in a 12ga unless they were hunting gobblers that hid behind trees. Or boulders.

Which Gun

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »
  My Mossberg 930 turkey with red dot shoots to the right with 3ā€¯Federal #9TSS. Longbeards and Double X magnums shoot the same. In my super mag with red dot with the same TSS load shoots the same as my lead loads.

Offline snoodcrusher

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »
I think the difference in wads affects POI too.  Brand to brand and lead to TSS use different wads and these affect how the shot column squeezes through the choke impacting changes in POI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk