turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which Waterproof Call?

Started by BDeal, May 25, 2021, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Hi All- I've had some rough hunts in the rain lately and really need to buy a solid pot call for wet conditions. I actually bought the one from JT Calls a couple of months ago and am not at all happy with it and it will never see the woods. It just plain doesn't yep well although the purrs and clucks sound good. I am looking at the enticer calls and wondering if anyone might recommend one of Al's specific models?

Thank You!

PEte_A

I use a Dawkins aluminum in a plastic pot when it's wet

BDeal

Quote from: PEte_A on May 25, 2021, 04:49:06 PM

I have that call but it doesn't work at all when wet. Meaning I cannot get a sound because the striker that came with it just slides. What striker are you using?

Thank You!

Sir-diealot

Any crystal in a plastic/acrylic pot should work well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wchadw

Quote from: BDeal on May 25, 2021, 04:52:20 PM

I have that call but it doesn't work at all when wet. Meaning I cannot get a sound because the striker that came with it just slides. What striker are you using?

Thank You!
I use a McLain carbon arrow striker on this pot. Work wet. There are other wet surface strikers that will work. Wood strikers probably won't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEte_A

I'm running a Yingling carbon fibre rod striker. Plays that pot unreal wet or dry! Killer combo

Quote from: BDeal on May 25, 2021, 04:52:20 PM

Thank You!

BTH

Yingling fiber rod striker
Lonzo acrylic pot stoned aluminum
Dawkins plastic pot stoned aluminum
Or Enticer silver thunder extreme aluminum Corian pot
Phil 4:13

coyote1

Al's silver thunder extreme and perfection screaming demon 2 are good all weather Corian pots. I like Bill Baublit's acrylic tip bloodwood striker the best. Yingling fiber rod and the fiber rod from perfection work equally well also.

BDeal

Great Info!! Looks like I just need to buy the right striker. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mike Yingling?

Thank You!!

PEte_A

He's on here, I just forget his handle. Also you can find him on Facebook where his site is " custom turkey / game calls / turnings"

I don't think he sells strikers by themselves. A post in the classifieds should get you one.

BDeal

Quote from: PEte_A on May 26, 2021, 08:55:20 AM
He's on here, I just forget his handle. Also you can find him on Facebook where his site is " custom turkey / game calls / turnings"

I don't think he sells strikers by themselves. A post in the classifieds should get you one.

Thank You!

jrinny

I don't see it mentioned much .... but I have a glass call in a plastic pot from Dustin Jones ( Blackstone ) that plays great wet or dry. I have an Enticer silver thunder extreme and like them both for the wet weather

PALongspur

All of the "Wet" series calls from Al Holbert (Enticer) are awesome, regardless of surface.

Mark Cornelius also makes a TERRIFIC waterproof glass call and matching striker!

BDeal

Quote from: PALongspur on June 02, 2021, 05:58:09 AM
All of the "Wet" series calls from Al Holbert (Enticer) are awesome, regardless of surface.

Mark Cornelius also makes a TERRIFIC waterproof glass call and matching striker!

I'm looking at the enticer calls. I just got a carbon striker to use with my Darrin Dawkins aluminum but would like to add one of Al's calls as well for wet weather. Any suggestions on a specific model?

Thank You!